Floor or no floor ?

MRB1

New guy here, so if this has been batted around before, please bear with me. One of the regular discussions (arguments) around our hunting/trapping lease campfire is the pros and cons of portable trap structure. The most common discussions are about different door designs, panel choices, and the floor. I run traps with both, and have two that have floors that are easily removable. Both designs have their merits, but I've never lost a hog (s) from a floored trap, but have lost a lot from those without. Some contend that hogs don't like the floor, and it's a good argument - I cover my floors with feed lot hay, and it seems to help. What are your views - yea or nay.

BRUTE

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No floors. Most of the hogs I'm messing with are extremely trap smart. Its just another hassle to deal with when you have to cover with dirt or what ever. I have actually had to bury trip wires and I would not be able to do that with a floor. Plus, with no market for them its a lot easier to pop them in the trap and just flip the trap off to load them up. With floors you have to crawl in and drag them out.