Flir PTS 233 firmware update?

Tye

Anyone know how to download new firmware on the PTS series scopes? The instructions in the manual don't work. I've searched the web with no luck.

Tye

Ok, I got the scoop. For those wanting the upgrade, you need to email Flir at OTS-Support@FLIR.com. I downloaded the firmware and here is what the update fixes. The picture appears to be clearer and now you can view/delete your pics through the scope. There is a wifi setting, but it doesn't work yet. Here is a list from the engineers
image.png

Iguess

What is the firmware update number? Just curious if my new 233 came with the latest firmware. And also, have you used the Flir OTS app?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Tye! I contacted FLIR as you suggested. Got the following reply..

Thank you for contacting FLIR OTS.
A new case has been generated for you regarding ' FLIR PTS-736 Firmware update .'

Your case number is: CAS-12159-G8J0V4 .

Someone will be contacting you shortly.

Let's see how long it takes this time....

Zhelton

I received my flir pts233 yeaterday and checked the firmware and it needed the update. I sent an email yesterday..

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I received this on Oct 4, just a little over 2 weeks asking for service help.

Dear Brian, Thank you for contacting us. Please accept our apologies for the delay with respond. Our service center is moving to another facility right now. We are working on the improvement of customer service and right now the system is in the process of adjustment. Very soon we will be able to provide you with all you needed, we ask you to wait just a little bit longer before the updates will be available and we will be able to provide it to you. Could you please tell where are you located? Are you the US citizen? Which firmware version do you have?

Best Regards,

Lana Legkaya

Support Team Member – OTS Products

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
Not surprised. It usually takes me at least a week and 3 or 4 emails to get a response.

Zhelton

Received my files this morning to update the firmware in my pts233. Currently updating now. Hopefully brian you will get yours asap

Zhelton

So i completed the update with no problems. A surprise feature now is bluetooth, i dowloaded the flir ots app for my phone and connected my pts233, i can now change any of my settings from my phone. Not able to view the screen unless im an idiot, which could be. Also has a ballistic app and map of where you are located.

Any one else played with the bluetooth feature and app yet?

rustybucket

My Bluetooth worked with the ots app before the update. I think what changed is now you can turn the Bluetooth off in the menu. I think, I'm not sure cause I don't remember it being like that before the update.

rustybucket

When I'm using my scope my phone is nowhere near me. I would just like to download pics and vids with my phone, thats all I would like.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So after more than a month from when I contacted FLIR, this morning at 8:45, I received this message. It seems that Lana at FLIR CS is asking some other party to provide me with a firmware update. Mind you, the issue isn't resolved yet. We are still trying to get a firmware update for me...

To
CC
  • Brian Shaffer
Dear Sirs,
Could you please provide firmware update for our customer?
Best Regards,
Lana Legkaya
Support Team Member – OTS Products