Fixin' Wax

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Kept hearing of "Fixin' Wax". It's used for all manner of things. Treatment for leather goods, wooden items, metal, skin, lip balm. It can be used to wax a bow string. Hand rubbed into your goods, it'll help to get water to bead up.

I made up a batch, poured it into little round tins. Took residue from the melting crock, and rubbed it into the leather masks I just made for tomahawks, also a leather knife sheath I made.

Due to the majority of it being beeswax, it's a pretty hard product. A little goes a long way, and responds well to the heat of hand rubbing. No gooey feeling left behind afterwards when worked by hand. Leaves the paws feeling pretty good too. The sheen on leather is a matte like finish. Water beads up on the leather, wood, ivory. This first batch, I omitted the essential oil, a very neutral smell without it. Will try the next batch with some. I suspect which ever fragrance pleases you would work well. The recipe calls for Pine, would add a nice cover scent for outdoor gear. The essential oil of pine definitely smells like a pine tree.

I used a small slow cooker crock to melt everything together before ladling it into the tins I bought. I found all the ingredients in an apothecary shop.

1 Cup of Pure Organic Beeswax
1/2 Cup of Pure Unrefined Shea Butter
1 Teaspoon of Sweet Almond Oil
1 Teaspoon of 100% Virgin Coconut Oil (more like a paste)
10 Drops of Essential Oil (Pine)

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Made another batch of this today. This time I was a little heavy with my measurement of Shea Butter and Coconut Oil, and, I picked up some Essential Oil of Orange.

I wouldn't say the scent of the orange is detectable. The mix still hardens up well, but is appearing to melt better with body heat, hand rubbing. I may've been a little light on the Shea Butter the first time. This batch feels "more gooder".