Fishing pictures!

Arnold Galvan

Mckinney, Texas
Well, this was our last trout derby of the year. But since the weather is still cold enough we can continue to fish for Rainbow Trout at the pond. This was the Mckinney Trout Derby, this one always has bigger prizes for the kids to chose from. My Daughter picked another Zebco Rod and Reel combo. She was fourth place with the biggest fish, but took first place for the smallest fish in her age group.

She truly loves to fish and I hope we get to do this together for a long time!!!!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way ta go... start 'em early !!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A trophy and a rod/reel combo..Awesome!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I loved taking my kids out to those events. Brings back some really good memories. Enjoy them when they are young, they grow up really fast.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Neither of us had our fishing rods, so we borrowed a couple ultra-light rods (6lb test) and headed out for a little bit. These are the only 2 fish we caught... Good enough for us! Caught on a private lake near Fairfield, Texas.View attachment 2033 View attachment 2034
Awesome job on ultralight rigs. Especially borrowed equipment.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Neither of us had our fishing rods, so we borrowed a couple ultra-light rods (6lb test) and headed out for a little bit. These are the only 2 fish we caught... Good enough for us! Caught on a private lake near Fairfield, Texas.View attachment 2033 View attachment 2034
I love fishing with Ultra-Light gear. I keep 2# test on my lil'-rig. A 5 1/2' (limber) Fenwick rod and a TINY Browning spinning reel.

Last edited:

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go dad and way to go on that young fishin gal right there!!! Good on ya. Nice trophy and nice rod and reel, keep up the catchin the big ones!!! Fishin and huntin is the only way to go!! Congrats!!! FISH FISH!!

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
....from last year.
c9c101dd-9ecd-4b51-896a-1df4c2141bf9.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fishing is good.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love me the sound of.... "Fish on !!!"

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Someone was talking about catching fish on light set ups. I had just picked up a Cabelas medium weight rod and Shimano 2000 reel loaded with 12 lb Finesse line, a couple years ago now. I thought I snagged the bottom with my rattletrap. Took about 20 minutes to work this one in. About 26 lbs, on a reservoir in California, was the second largest caught striper on that lake. Fun stuff.From zip drive 569.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
now that is a Hoss!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too easy to get sidetracked on youtube. lol

FrankT