First hunt with MY suppressor. 310lb Boar

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I finally got the bureaucratic approval after 6 months for my 2 suppressors and my wonderful bride drove to Cedar Park and picked them up from Capitol Armory for me. I went out solo Saturday night to try out the Silencerco Omega on my 6.8. I have used loaner cans from Alfalex1 and TLM but was excited as this was MINE!
The first group I got in to was just outside the calf pens (actually one was inside pens eating out of troughs with calves) and I stalked in with the wind in my face. I got set up and picked out one of the larger pigs and dropped it DRT, then i saw how big the other pig was and i shot him several times on the run. The sow that was eating in trough then crossed in front of me and I popped her a couple times. She left a massive blood trail through the wheat field that was unlike anything i had seen. 3 dead from that group. As I made my way to them I realized the 2nd hog was one of the larger hogs I have ever shot. The tape showed 51" pulled as tight as humanly possible so around 310 lbs.
IMG_0485.JPG IMG_0496.JPG 2016-02-20 22.34.52.jpg The next group were at a different farm and I stalked about 500yds to them, only 4 pigs and I waited for 2 to line up for a double, my first shot hit but they both ran i caught the back hog with a running shot but they all disappeared into the brush. My son and I recovered both the next day;
2016-02-21 12.34.30.jpg
2016-02-21 12.19.51.jpg
Then headed home I spot a large sounder in a field by a creek, i drive as far as i can and still stay behind tree cover. The clouds are gone now and it's a full moon so i carefully stalk towards the group, i kept spooking a couple of whitetail bucks and they kept spooking the pigs. I finally set up about 120yds out and dropped only my first shot, missing all following shots.
IMG_0488.JPG
A great night with 6 down, I went back the next day at noon to cut the head off the big boy as i have been wanting to do a mount and one of the calf ranch workers had already robbed the cutters off of him. Video to follow.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Big ol' honker right there !! Congrats on the first night's hunt with your new can too! So, yeah? How's ya likes the new can? You definitely got a mess of 'em that night. Too bad about missing out on the head being intact on your big'n.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down and congrats on finally getting the suppressor in! CA is awesome to deal with .. they are 10 minutes from the house.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Keep looking at the picture!!!!! WOW!!! it is a BEAST!!!! Nice break in wasn't it!!!! BANG BANG!!!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down and congrats on finally getting the suppressor in! CA is awesome to deal with .. they are 10 minutes from the house.
Yes I would highly recommend Capitol Armory and purchase from them again. Great CS, emails answered almost instantly and very helpful.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice way to go Lance, great on your suppressor. That is a big boy too bad the took his cutters would have made a nice mount!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congrats on the suppressor and the huge boar!!! Tell your bride she earned a few more points in my book for making the trip to pick up the suppressors. What a great lady you have.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Again, awesome boar, that's dissappointing about the cutters but you shoot enough boars I'm sure you will find a pair to stick in the mount. It is hard showing the size in a photo isn't it? I took a bunch of my big boar just to get 2 or 3 that did him a little justice. Great night, heck of a way to break that Omega in!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the suppressor and the huge boar!!! Tell your bride she earned a few more points in my book for making the trip to pick up the suppressors. What a great lady you have.
Thanks, yep she is top notch.
Me-" they
are ready but it's going to be 2 more notarized forms mailed in, CLEO notification and a 7 day waiting period before they can ship "
Her- I wonder if they would let me pick them up?
Me- yes, I already asked just take these papers to this address!

dman62

LSB Member
That's hawg there for sure. Nice opening night for your new can. Your gun looks great with the tan and black combo as well!

JPK

LSB Active Member
Congrats on the night's success and on the big boar. Congrats on the Omegas too. I have a pair for my son and I as well, and we're lovin' 'em.

JPK

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on your huge boar with your new Omega!
Wow - 6 hogs in one night, running solo is no small task... Great work Lancer.

Dennis

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks, yep she is top notch.
Me-" they
are ready but it's going to be 2 more notarized forms mailed in, CLEO notification and a 7 day waiting period before they can ship "
Her- I wonder if they would let me pick them up?
Me- yes, I already asked just take these papers to this address!

You're smarter then you look!