Few questions

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok my buddy set up a trust on which I am a trustee so I can posess any item registered to his trust. Well I am using his suppressor for now since he is still in the process of registering and building his SBR. But once it is finished he will be using the suppressor.

So now I am now looking to purchase my own suppressor since I like his so much. I thought about just purchasing the suppressor and registering it to his trust, but then I don't feel like it's mine and if something were to ever happen I could potentially lose my money because his trust would actually own the suppressor.

So my plan is to set up my own trust and add a few family members and close friends as trustees. Do you guys have any recommendations on how or who to use to get a trust set up?

Also, once my trust is set up, I can just go down to my LGS pick the suppressor I want roll on through the process corect?

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used Sean Cody, I think there is a thread on here that covers every ones opinions that you can read through.

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a coincidence, my buddy did his through Sean Cody, crazy that you guys recommend him as well. Guess that's who I will use then.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes I want a gun trust but I also want the trust to cover everything else. Problem, no family, wife does not like guns, oh and basically broke, well not really but too close for me...lol Seems silly to make a trust.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got mine for free with a purchase of a class 3 item. I was going to have Sean Cody do it for me, but found this deal.

I do know a couple of guys who made their own trust. They said it isn't that hard but never tried myself.

It was at full armor firearms here in Houston.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Cody will set up everything. Along with the trust I got a will, a medical power of attorney and a bunch of other stuff I hope I don't need. Doing it yourself is like representing yourself in court. Not a good idea.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sean did my trust too. I think I heard if he does your trust, he will also do changes for free at later dates. That would be worth checking out if it is true, could save a lot in the long run.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
One of the most expensive things I have seen in life is free legal help.

Do it right, pay a real knowledgeable attorney to do what needs to be done as customized for YOUR situation or stay on the porch.

There are other things to be concerned about than just the BATFE.