Coyote calling with the foxpro. 6 deer, 2 dogs, 2 coyotes.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Went to break in the newly refurbished foxpro this weekend and try to film some coyotes. Most of the day was rained out, normally I like to hunt in the rain but did not want to risk the new camcorder this time.

Six different deer, a German shepherd, a Australian shepherd, and a pair of coyotes responded lol. The coyotes busted me when I switched from the camera to the rifle and were off the screen by the time I shot this filming alone thing is work.

Here is some video no kill shots but its pretty neat to see them come in the first group of deer came in so fast I could not hit record until them made it to the call. lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Obviously they think it is a fawn in distress, now I can call deer in during season!!

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So? Did'ja hit the yotes ?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well darn, got the deer calls into my FoxPro and find it is illegal for recorded calls for game in FL!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
game animals, others are ok

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well if you are calling coyotes and a deer comes running lol.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think having an electronic caller in use/possession and a deer carcass at the same time you might be in trouble...I think though they would have to see hear you using it.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think they would have to see hear you using it for deer. Last time I checked you still need proof before conviction.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah that is the hope, but why would they have that rule to begin with?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some people think it's cheating. Same reason why you had rules against suppressors, feeders, ect. Rules made by non hunters for hunters.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is true, we are still not able to use suppressors for game animals. Or bait on public land or hunt at night on them

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We went out yote hunting a few weeks back. Found a nice little meadow under an oak next to a barn. Could see across 2 fields. Turned on the caller, rabbit squeal, about the third set I see a head pop up from behind the little berm in front of us. Then another and another, called in 6 Jake turkeys. They hung out a while watching the mojo critter. Turned the call on a few more times just to see their response. Even the pup in distress call and fawn bleat. Were very interested until I decided to scope them to get a closer look. The movement sent them running.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is amazing. Must have sounded like a fawn. Will,have to look up to see if legal in NC.
Just email our local Wild Life officer to see if electronic calls are legal will advise.

The Wild Life officer for my county emailed me back and I quote. "Electronic calls can only be used for crows and coyotes"

Last edited:

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another quick story, Wife saw a big dog yote run through the back yard chasing deer. I ran out and set up the caller. Fired off the fawn bleat and 2 does came running in, Snorting and stomping. Ran all around the call and almost crushed it. Then the wife called and asked why the deer were acting to funny. So much for the yote. Wish they had a doe season..

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I called in four coyotes Saturday night but the recorder would not turn on. Also got to 100 yards of a mountain lion but he got away.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Damn... a lion would be SWEET!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I called in four coyotes Saturday night but the recorder would not turn on. Also got to 100 yards of a mountain lion but he got away.
The only lion I have ever seen in the wild was just down the road from where you hunt. It was eating/checking out a road killed deer when I passed by. Did a quick turnaround for the wife to see it and he was gone.