Checking Trap turns into a deer morning

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yesterday I had to get a couple turkeys out..they were pretty beat up so I brought them home and put them in the chicken coop...today they were looking good so I let them out and they took off after whacking me a few times on the way out!IMG_20171218_122037420.jpg

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah, found a doe in our hog trap last weekend. I strung a couple of wires in the trap, one at the opening, one just behind the doors. Each is about six inches below the top of the trap. The theory is that a deer will hit the wires and back out. Seems to work somewhat in that we've not caught an antlered deer since they were installed. The does, however, just wander right on it. At least they're pretty easy to release!

I really hate it when some 4- or 6-point buck got into the trap and then got all hung up in the side panels. One time we had to completely unsecure the trap, remove the feeder we had above it, and tip the trap on its side to get the deer out.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what a mess getting deer out...turkeys too? too much fun Dan!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what a mess getting deer out...turkeys too? too much fun Dan!
Yea the video was pretty bad but I was focused on my fingers and hand not getting impaled or smashed. lol