Caldwell Bobcat

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is a federally required tag you get from the department of natural resources,(fish cops) that they attach to the hide. they usually want the lower jaw for biology work but states differ on that. You should check into it.
I tried to

how do I get one

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The tannery I want to send the hide to requires a CITES tag and they told me to get one from the DNR. I tried to explain to them that bobcats are not protected in Texas, but to no avail. If you send them a bobcat without one they will ship it right back. I will check with my local Warden and see how to get one.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just checked, get it at the texas dept. of wildlife resources. Go to your regional office and take the pelt with you. they have to attach the tag and take down info from you. Texas does not protect them, it is the feds. It is a painless procedure.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks Histopicker. I'll thaw him out next week and get busy on the caping. That's what they told me. I have a couple of coyote hides to send off as well. Along with a grey fox and a couple of big coons. Might as well make it a big box.

Eddy-the CITES applies if you send it accross State lines to be tanned. I found a tannery up north with great prices. I can get everything done for what the local guys want for 2 coyotes.

Eddy Gein

LSB Member
The tannery I want to send the hide to requires a CITES tag and they told me to get one from the DNR. I tried to explain to them that bobcats are not protected in Texas, but to no avail. If you send them a bobcat without one they will ship it right back. I will check with my local Warden and see how to get one.

Sorry, I missed that post, disregard

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Histopicker. I'll thaw him out next week and get busy on the caping. That's what they told me. I have a couple of coyote hides to send off as well. Along with a grey fox and a couple of big coons. Might as well make it a big box.

Eddy-the CITES applies if you send it accross State lines to be tanned. I found a tannery up north with great prices. I can get everything done for what the local guys want for 2 coyotes.
Please give the tannery info, I will be getting some work done in the near future. If you please sir?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
http://www.usafoxx.com/index.htm

I like these guys because they will flesh your hides for you. I've done it but it's way to much work for the price they charge.