Caldwell Bobcat

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
bobcat.JPG I went over to my buddies place in Caldwell to do a little hog hunting. He had been seeing a nice boar coming in right at dark on his camera. This guy showed up instead. The boards he is laying on are 1x6 and the bucket is 10" at the top. Pretty nice male.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice cat my game warden friends tell me bobcats are replacing coyotes as the #1 predator problem here in Texas.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a pretty cat, having him mounted?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
TLM I agree. Unfortunately I got into trouble for shooting this one. The guy who owns the property does not believe in killing them. My bad.

Frank-I'm checking on prices for a mount. He has one 22 caliber hole in the front of his chest with no exit. Should make for a nice mount.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We actually have a season for them in Fl, or we would be shooting them now, they really hurt our turkey population.

With his bright colors I would at least have the skin tanned.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's a given Frank. I alrready have coyotes and fox hides, I just needed a bobcat to round out my trappers bundle.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a NICE cat there ! With that much spotting along the belly, that pelt might bring you a good amount of reloading components. Especially with only the one hole in him. If that's a "first", I'd say he's a "keeper" (instead of a "seller"). Congrats on that one.

Eddy Gein

LSB Member
Nice cat my game warden friends tell me bobcats are replacing coyotes as the #1 predator problem here in Texas.

Yup, biologist at a game warden meeting a while back informed us that they are WAY more detrimental to whitetail fawn survival than coyotes.

Eddy Gein

LSB Member
View attachment 1075 I went over to my buddies place in Caldwell to do a little hog hunting. He had been seeing a nice boar coming in right at dark on his camera. This guy showed up instead. The boards he is laying on are 1x6 and the bucket is 10" at the top. Pretty nice male.

Nice cat, I'm just north of Rockdale, we have a few around here.
I hear trappers are getting ridiculous $$$ for the pelts.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a beautiful car right there. I have always wanted to get out on a bobcat hunt and get a full mount done for the wall.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice cat, don't forget to get a CITES tag for it before taking it to the taxidermist.
Well, well, well... look what the cat dragged in (before he collapsed dead). Good to see you're still alive and kicking.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
HISTO!!!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, well, well... look what the cat dragged in (before he collapsed dead). Good to see you're still alive and kicking.
Yes sir I am in town. I went broke!!! It seems all I can catch where I was is Grey Fox and Robert Kitties. Both are out of season so I had to release them. I will get a temporary job or sell a rifle or two and hit another area really soon.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sucks Histo, best of luck to you!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes sir I am in town. I went broke!!! It seems all I can catch where I was is Grey Fox and Robert Kitties. Both are out of season so I had to release them. I will get a temporary job or sell a rifle or two and hit another area really soon.
Temp job would be my first choice. Selling guns is way low on my list... ok, so I sold ONE exact duplicate of a .22 I still have to a buddy of mine the year I was unemployed. Good to hear (though) that you're not just getting skunked in the field. You know where to go when the seasons open for both of those critters. Keep us in the loop Kemosabe.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad to see your doing ok. Hope your luck turns and you don't have to sell anything

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Nice cat, don't forget to get a CITES tag for it before taking it to the taxidermist.

You need a CITES tag for a cat?
Is that is you want to sell the cat hide over seas?
I am very versed in CITES for birds, but I had no idea that a bobcat was protected.
I know on ebay the blokes from over seas sell stuffed birds of prey that are illegal for us to own her in America.
But I never looked into buying a deer skin from over there, per say.
Interesting.
It's not a bad idea.
Get it to show when it was killed and this way it covers you if they ever do become a protected species.