Axis doe(s) Anyone still lurking here?

Discussion in 'Archery' started by RattlesnakeDan, Jan 11, 2022.

1. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I had to sneak into the dark side a bit and get a compound bow, Have some longer shots to make from a blind this year and my longbow isn't quite cutting it for this situation. So far 2 doe Axis and lost 2 bucks with bad (hurried shots). Good eating and nice hides for the couch.
    I did manage a decent whitetail here at the house as well. axis doe bow.jpg axisdoe2.jpg 01 buck.jpg

2. Itsazonik

Itsazonik Cape Coral, FL LoneStarBoars Supporter Vendor

Nice deer. I love my compound bows

3. J BAR K

J BAR K Just trying to make a day. SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Hey Dan, good to see you’re still around! Good looking animals- time for the grill!

4. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Thought I'd swing by and see if anyone was still here. lol

5. mc68

mc68 LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB

Nice work on both the axis and the buck. We are really enjoying the axis meat we got this season! Great jog!

6. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Well, look what the cat dragged in !!! I figured you were hog-tied in a closet after getting married and vanished. A longbowman using a bow with training wheels? The horror... the horror!! An English longbowman would be ashamed of you Dan'l. LOL Congrats on those critters. Now, don't be such a stranger, just be strange.

7. Homebrewer

Homebrewer LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Great hunts Dan.
    Anytime you get it done with an arrow - you have something to be proud of.
    Congrats !

8. JPM_6.8

JPM_6.8 LSB Member

Nice axis! Love bow hunting, just don’t have time to get out as much as I’d like to these days.

9. JPM_6.8

JPM_6.8 LSB Member

Nice axis! Love bow hunting, just don’t have time to get out as much as I’d like to these days.

10. RattlesnakeDan

Headed up tomorrow morning for a daylight hunt. Supposed to be low 20's , hopefully they will come to my setup, they are such wanderers, you never know if they will show up.

11. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

Nice looking axis!

12. chthump

chthump LSB Member

Dan the man, nice deer, love those axis