Anyone ever seen this

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Here is their site too

http://steppups.com/

Looks pretty cool and very light weight. Already thinking about what I am going to do next year. The first order of business is to relocate my tree stand, but it is in deep in the brush and anything that needs to be taken in will have to be on my back.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I like it. I fight with ladders every year. This looks a lot easier. Thanks for sharing.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I sent a email to find out how much and such. I will let you know the response I get.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got a response from James Stepp (inventor), here is his response.

The video clips on YouTube featuring Harry Vanderweide were done almost 14 years ago. The ladders were being sold by L.L. Bean and several other retailers. But the steps were expensive to have made and liability insurance was also very costly. After about four years I decided to quit selling the ladders because it was a lot of work for a small return.

About two years ago a local businessman approached me about doing a new video and reintroducing the ladders to the market. I gave him the old videos to work with and was surprised when he posted them on YouTube. I had expected he was going to do a new one with his phone number instead of the old business number that had been disconnected long ago. Anyway, there has been quite a response and I've received many inquiries. I have refrained from selling the steps all these years because I did not think it wise to do so without product liability insurance. But many people have volunteered to sign a liability waiver if I would consider selling them a few steps and over the last two years sales have steadily increased.

I am sorry to say there are no more steps available at this time. All of my old inventory has been sold and I do not have a source for any new ones as yet. I am hopeful the Steppladder.com site will be up and running next year and, if so, ladder kits (steps, ropes and tote bag) will be available online.

I made the first set of these steps in 1991 and have climbed hundreds of trees over the last twenty years. I've never used any other climbing system.

I don't know if I can wait that long. I may try to make it myself, pretty simple design.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Only you could find a great but defunct product...lol

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I could easily make them, but would be all welded rather than bent like I think his were, of course except for the cross piece which is welded, then its some rope....but I have MS, I don't climb trees lol, not unless I want to bust my ass, and I live in New Mexico, we don't hunt from stands, well I don't lol

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ingenious system, no doubt 'bout 'dat.

Fubar

Arrow Slinger
I'm lucky to be able to hunt my own land so I have a couple ladder stands up. One is 12ft and the other is 22ft. Sold my climber last year too. Feel very secure and comfortable in the ladders.