Anybody have extra luck

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Had some time after work to do some hunting. Game can pics tell me that a large sounder hits my feeder at 7pm so I set up at 6pm. Parked the truck far away downwind and wind is in my face. So 7pm comes and goes nothing. Decided to stick around and see what shows up.

So at 9pm a couple doe's pay a visit. Then at 10pm this guy shows up. So I have been wanting to get a pig kill on video and I focus and press the record button then back on the rifle. Between looking through the recorder and looking through the scope he walked away.
This is the second shot opportunity on a lone pig, last time was a zombie boar. Cannot seem to be in the right place at the right time.

But the night wasn't lost. Took care some corn thieves.
IMG_20130907_240126_489.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We HATE when that happens !!! Danged ghost, anywho ! Congrats on the litter of children of the corn though.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think I would have tried grunting him back, he did not look spooked. Good job on your new hats!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He really wasn't interested in the corn on the ground under the feeder, but was sniffing around the place where I put some soured corn about a week ago. Once he realized that there was no more he hit the road.

The thing that ticks me off. If I wasn't messing with the camera I would have had plenty of time for a clean shot. Can't I catch a break. GRRRRRRR

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you need a camera man!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you need a camera man!
I was susposto have one, but crawfished out at the last minute. Now I know what Pigman is talking about when he runs solo in his show.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Solo hunting and filming is very tough.