Almost Dug Out the Blowgun Just Now

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Kept hearing this little chirping sound that would come/go. My window fan is a few years old and wondered if the bushing for the shaft was beginning to wear. Then... I heard it more towards the front of the house (another open window)

Flashlight in hand. Took a few minutes to find the little buggers... but I had a pair of raccoon kits (m'be 2-3 lbs. ea.) under one of my cars. Gave 'em a stomp and they hissed really loud and took off running.

They keep it up and they're gonna learn what a plastic dot feels like... m'be a paintball. LOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They will be back. Don't let them get in the attic! Destructive little things...

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They'd have to climb a post, and up/over the eaves to get TO the roof at my place... don't have trees/bushes growing next to the house. No pets, so no feed out on the porch either. I heard 'em chripin' out there again later (before going to bed). I suspect that they were stationed in my driveway by their parents while the older ones went lookin' for food. With that in mind... being in a T-Shirt, light sweat pants and flip-flops... I didn't wanna be layin' in my drive way to blowgun to mouth and get blind-sided by a pair of full grown pests intent on protecting their young. Coons around here can/do get big.

I'm sure I'll be having to break 'em of the habit of using my driveway as a babysitting service locale.

Years ago, after my father retired... he came to live with me for about six years (before he remarried). He came into the house proclaiming a BIG RAT was in the flower beds !!! I got up and stuck my nose out the front door... only to tell him... it's a baby 'possum dad. Well... he fires back with, "A Baby !! Let's put out a dish of milk for it !" Now... mind you... dear ol' (departed) dad grew up in the wilds of Alaska's Arctic, and is NO stranger to wild animals... AND, he'd just moved back down to "civilization" (from there) after retiring... he should KNOW better than to start that nonsense. LOL So... I says to him, "Don't you DARE feed that thing !! We'll NEVER be rid of it ! I learned later, they were probably nested up under the garage of some neighbors' (two doors down). Thankfully, I wasn't asked to go flush 'em out and deal with 'em. As liberal as Seattle is... I'd've probably made the evening news with how I'd wanna deal with 'em. LOL

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heh-heh-heh.... little bastages haven't returned thus far this evening. M'be I uglied them away last night !!!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
nice, I've got an RWS 350 Magnum .177 cal with PBA bullets just for these situations, well in my case its pigeons

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've got a no-name .177 that I need to verify is "on"... or m'be slap a red-dot onto. What sucks is... having neighbors only 10 feet away on either side, and 20 feet away behind me. All I need is a poorly placed shot and have some pest howling in pain and drawing attention... in the midst of lib-central, USA. LOL

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had one under my patio I hit with my 50 cal blowgun and a long hunting dart. Skewered him perfect and he went 5 feet and died

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had one under my patio I hit with my 50 cal blowgun and a long hunting dart. Skewered him perfect and he went 5 feet and died
50 cal blowgun! wow!!!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a .40 and .50 cal, I want the big .625 next. Think I may have to order one soon

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is a blowgun (dart gun) or air rifle? Can you post a pic?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was looking at a hiking staff the other day... it had a .62 cal blow gun integrated into it. $300 though. Mine's just 3/8" across. I've got broadhead darts for it... I'm just not certain it'll do a CLEAN kill on these critters. Probably do ok on these little guys though. Close neighbors and noise after being hit is what concerns me most. Too much Koombaya 'round here.

What I need is a "Have-a-heart" trap small enough to fit inside a 5 gal. bucket and drown 'em after catching 'em.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here is my .40 cal. It's hard to take a picture of my 6 foot .50 cal

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 2

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Indeed... I'm thinkin' some schedule 40 as a sleeve/staff... and housing the blowgun inside.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok that's what I thought y'all were talking about!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have always wanted to glue a cylinder into a staff. Can't be too hard

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter