A Couple of Saturday Night Foxes

JPK

LSB Active Member
My bud Jake and I got to do some calling Saturday night. No Sunday predator hunting in MD, so we packed it up after calling just one of my clubs.

We lost one fox that dropped at the shot and must have crawled away while we continued calling.

We had some responses to the Fox Pro fox bark sound. Nothing came to it, but we were able to reposition to take advantage of having located one fox.

The last one we got was late coming to the party at the same stand as the second one. We almost missed the opportunity but after putting tripods away Jake made a last scan with his thermal spotter and picked up the fox trying to find the call. A good reminder not to pack up too soon after shutting off the caller.

We also killed a raccoon, one of four we saw having a big fight. That one made the mistake of coming into the clear and I couldn't resist. For some dumb, unexplainable reason, at that moment I thought I had my 10.5" 300BLK with an Omega mounted rather than the 16" 6.8 with the Omega. My only excuse is that I have carried the 300BLK on a couple of hunts. I about jumped out of my skin at the supersonic crack. We saw another raccoon later, and came to the conclusion that we need to do a suppressed 22lr pistol coon hunt one night. Jake has an IR Laser Max on a Ruger and I have CT IR laser grips on a SIG P226 with a 22lr conversion kit installed. Should be fun.

Jake with the two foxes we recovered.

JPK

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats, nice work there.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB