TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm anxious to try them, however, I won't be using them until my SBR stamp comes in some time next year.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm thinkin' hard on getting some of those too. Perfect load for Bison Chip (me thinks).

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I did some google'n. I don't know how true this is because there is not much info on the 90's yet but I found minimum opening speeds of 1850 fps

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes but shooting a SBR I like bullets that open slow, the 95 TTSX is 1600 fps.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't get me wrong, these 90's may work great but before I switch anything up I am going wait until they are proven in a SBR. Would be nice because they are a lot cheaper than the Barnes

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The light weight, the "more gooder" velocity from a shorter barrel than a heavier bullet, possibly more reliability of cycling from a short barrel, the expansion at slower speed... all reasons I'm leaning towards this pill for Bison Chip.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've read reports of people getting 120 ssts to around 2400 fps from a 12.5 barrel. I would think the 90 grain could be pushed to at least 2700 fps from the same barrel. I don't have any math or load calculator to back this. I'm just speculating.
Besides, if we are talking about night time hog hunting use, rarely are many shots past 100-125 yards. Even at 2500 fps at the muzzle the 90 GD would be above 1850 fps @ 100 yards.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hope they are at least close to the 120sst's effectiveness.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And it looks like I will have a couple chances to test them in November anyone have a aa2200 6.8 load for them?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I would think you could use the low end of the 90 grain tnt data and work up from there. Depends on the oal of the bullet though. If they are close you should be OK.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I also have some coming and will be doing my usual range report. It is pretty easy now to do load development, since I have the ability to load ammo at the range.

Stay Tuned

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gone so quickly. I have 20-30 bxs of these and my 8.5" pistol is sighted in w them. 40-125 yds less than .5" low or high.
Some performance data: the 90 grain Gold Dot is fired at the following muzzle velocities:

UICW 8.5 inch barrel: 2,450 fps
16 inch barrel: 2,900 fps
24 inch barrel: 3,050 fps.
BC .236

Test data on 6.8 by XMan

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They say they are good to go as well as the 115 Fusion, almost 100% weight retention or all of it still together all petals fully open