.300 Blackout's first kill.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that we have the proof for the upper limits of the .300WTF... two shot kill eh? I love it.

All that time running and jumping? The bullet was probably still moving through the chest cavity. C'mon... give a caliber a chance to shine. LOL

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
All us BO'ers need to remember one thing. Not allot of "stuff" happens at the S L O W speeds that we launch the BO bullets at.

As stated before........In my HUNTING NEF I will use the lightest and fastest bullet applicable. This,unless someone can convince me that a certain heavy/long bullet WILL tumble and do the "proper" damage necessary for a humane kill on the closer range deer and hogs. --- pruhdlr

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm going to try and test it in a hog this weekend. If it so much as takes a step after the first shot I will start doing triple taps!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm going to try and test it in another squirrel this weekend. If it so much as takes a step after the first shot I will start doing triple taps!
There, I fixed it fer yaz.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When you can find a round better than the BO to shoot him with

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So Alvin and Simon are dead. When does Theodore meet his demise?
Ill use the .22 for Theodore. The blackout will face coons, yotes, and hogs this weekend.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Seems to me that in the WCS a big/long bullet would be better. It would not even have to be a bullet that is "blessed" as a hunting bullet as long as it will tumble. When looking out of my blind,ladder stand, or shooting house, and spotting the infamous 300lb gnarly boar, I believe that the heavy weight would be preferred.

For the coons,dillo's,and 'possums,I would choose the 110gr round nose .30Cal carbine designed bullets.

AND....using thermal,the "tracking" is somewhat easier. There IS a learning curve...however...thermal is at worse...spectacular !! --- pruhdlr