2nd honeymoon hogs!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Michelle and I have never had a chance for a second honeymoon. Her idea was to go to a motel and go hunt. I called a good friend of mine that has a big house in the country that is nearly always empty with land to hunt and near two other places we hunt. Friday was perfect weather so we headed out. It was 70 degrees when we left the house, less than 30 minutes to North West the temp was dropping. It was already down to 58 and the wind had picked up. By the time we got to where we were headed it was in the 40’s! That night we spotted some hogs from the house as we were getting ready to head out to hunt. The temp was now in the 30’s. Michelle dropped two hogs out of that group. Saturday morning the temp was in the 30’s and we did a little predator calling, but the wind was howling and we got nothing. We headed to another ranch and hunted till dark. We could hear hogs in the distance, but they never came to the ranch we were hunting. We stopped off at another ranch on the way back to the camp house. I eased over a big hill and spotted two big boars with the thermal. I ran back to the truck and got Michelle. We snuck up on the hogs and Michelle dropped a big ol’ boar with one shot. He had good cutters and a huge gash across his face from fighting. The temps kept dropping and it got windier. This morning we woke to snow and ice with Temps in the 20’s. I got out for a bit, nothing was stirring at all! By the time we got our gear all packed up there was about 4inches of sleet and snow. Made for a long ride home and we had to stop and pull 4 cars out of the ditches.

1622623_655988247773205_963255509_n.jpg

1794525_655988647773165_924173452_n.jpg

1604628_655989751106388_746332308_n.jpg

1607006_655990001106363_354444304_n.jpg

1782115_655990381106325_1804709094_n.jpg

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like a great time.

Nice cutters on the one smiling!!!!!!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great second honeymoon! I think she is a keeper Glenn!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Somehow I just don't see this happening for me.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
All I have to say is WOW what a wife! Congrats guys and that boar has some great cutters! You are a lucky Man Glenn!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great second honeymoon. Congrats to both of you.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What a cool hunt Glenn you work a lot like me. My first date with Kat was a five day hog hunt while camping.
I messed up though and over hunted her big time, just plain ole burned her out. Kat joins me once in a blue moon and its just on a New complaint call.
Great job on your hog adventures.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great story, she is a keeper for sure. I am sure she will say your not too shabby too.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on a great adventure and celebration together. Great lookin' hogs there. And, it's snowing in Anchorage tonight.