2fer, kinda

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had stalked out to the middle of the field after I spotted a sounder along the trees. Wind was very calm and the wheeler rolling along the gravel seemed to have spooked a couple previous opportunities. I was kinda fed up with watching them run off so I committed to an "epic" stalk, prolly 500 yards. I got within 300 yards or so and they melted in to the trees, hmmm. I pan to the right and, yay, I see a lone boar trotting along the tree line so I decide I'll intercept and see if he maybe wants to be friends.

The next time I stop and glass he has already crossed my intercept point but seems preoccupied with his pig business. This allows me to get within 75-100 yards and an easy shot. I aim for his head and fire. Down he goes in a heap. I'm watching to make sure he's not fakin' and CRAP! another one runs through right between us out of thin air, bang, body shot. I regroup quick and get off another farther forward that drops her. She took another couple rounds to get her to stop kicking and I gave the boar another cause he was wiggling a little. I only had to drag her about 20' to pose for the group shot.

So I drank the Koolaid and boy am I glad I did. Super impressed with my new *** 16" 5R, Scout profile barrel. I loaded up with 120 SST's and crossed my fingers. It handled them flawlessly and extremely accurately. I zeroed a couple inches high at 100 and was dead on at 200. Talk about a confidence builder. Really nice to hit what your aiming at consistently.

Now all I need is a thermal scope. The half moon had me using the illuminator a lot but it was so dry and the air so still, I was having trouble seeing through the dust on occasion. Very hard to see black pigs against black trees which is where they seem to like hanging out lately.FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_2979.JPG FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome! Glad you're liking the ***, love mine so far. Good shooting, I see why he was wiggling!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the new rig. My *** 6.8 is my best (to date) shooting barrel.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love my ***'s good going there!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice looking couple ya have there! Congrats on the hunt and the new rig looks good too!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those are some fatty's...awesome job!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Two porkie pigs for sure. Good hunt and write-up. Thanks

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome hogs down! Excellent choice with the scout 5R barrel ... many more hogs down to come!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm a believer in *** barrels. Best in the biz.
Look at the big hole that 120 made in his nugget!
Nice work!

nonnieselman

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I Point everyone toward *** that wants to put together their own AR. Nobody has been disappointed.
I love all mine. Waiting on tax stamps to order my last 12.5" barrel from him.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter