.22 TCM Load Data

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
RIA 1911 A2, FS Target (.22TCM/9mm) Combo

Since these were my first loaded rounds, I used the Armscor factory (black/yellow box)rounds as my baseline and the average velocity was 2016 FPS out of a 5" barrel.

No signs of pressure, got me between 1911- 2012 FPS with good feeding and ejection.

NOTE: Since I could not find a case gauge, I used my barrel to check my dummy rounds. I soon realized that the Hornady dies didn't size the case properly near the head. Using my dremel, I shaved the shell plate down .003" to allow the case to go further into the die body.......bingo!

Bullet: 40gr JHP
Case: Once fired Armscor with a CL of 1.025"
Primer: WSR
Powder: LIL'GUN @ 9.0 gr
O.A.L: 1.252"
Velocities: Average 1911 FPS
Powder: LIL'GUN @ 9.5 gr
Velocities: Average 1992 FPS

Powder: LIL'GUN @ 10gr
Velocities: Average 2012 FPS

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Interesting little round. Rock Island Armory has a 22 TCM/9mm conversion pistol that uses the .38 Super mags (1911 platform).

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
I contact Hornady by email and will follow up with a call about my sizing die being out of spec.

The manafacture specs call for the base to be .372" and the die is producing .375 until I shaved my shell plate .003" and now I get .373" if I resize and rotate two or three times.

The problem with the shaved shell plate is the shoulder is being pushed to far back.

Hornady is a good company with customer service so I have 100% faith that they will resolve my issue.

Last edited:

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have been looking at getting one of those for a while. I think it would be a lot of fun to shoot.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A very cool little round.