21 hogs in two hours.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Last night was my first hunt on a large new property. My hunting time there was limited because I had promised to hunt another farmer's property. Started the hunt at 10:00pm and by midnight there were 19 dead hogs on the ground then got two more on the other property. This place is going to be like the first big ranch I hunted endless hogs for a while until they learn!!!!

These hogs have only been hunted with dogs at night so they had no idea how to react to the night vision and suppressed rifle. It was the dream NV hunt I would shoot one and another hog would come out with no fear. Most were in the 100-150 pound range. Four of the boars were in the 200 pound range but I know there are some big ones there.

Basically the hunt went like this spotted the first lone boar when I opened the gate I stalked up to him and he was DRT. While I was looking at him another boar came out about one hundred yards down. So I stalked to him, he went down DRT. Then a group of four came out about 75 yards past this one. It went on like this for the whole two hours!

The most exciting time of the night for me was I was stalking up on a hog when I heard something behind me. I turned to see a German Shepard running straight at me before I could do anything he jumped up and proceeded to try and lick me to death. Scared the poo out of me!!! And then like that he was gone never to be seen again.

I left my camera in my jacket so the pictures I have aren't that great they are from my phone. I will upload them in a bit.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow, attacked by a licking Shepard too along w 21 hogs? You lead an exciting life! I am afraid he could have been shot before I knew licking was his mission! I guess you were hunting alone?? Congrats can't wait to see the pics.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow, attacked by a licking Shepard too along w 21 hogs? You lead an exciting life! I am afraid he could have been shot before I knew licking was his mission! I guess you were hunting alone?? Congrats can't wait to see the pics.
He was on me fast. I had drawn my pistol and he almost got shot but the wagging tail saved him. Yes I was out alone the owner of this property is really worried about liability and requested I hunt it alone for now.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So I guess it was the landowners dog/ At least he was friendly, surprised he did not stick with you. That is just a lot of action in a short time, had to have been a BLAST!

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
What a terrible problem to have in only being able to hunt for two hours resulting in 19, because you promised another farmer.:eek:

21 total in a year would be unheard of for me :confused:, but then again I only have public hunting land to hunt (no hunting hogs at night either).

The best part of the story is the dog:D

Congrats on another fine job!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL Thank God for the tell-tale tail of a dog. Nice ending for a potentially sad event, for sure. Congrats on the slaying of a large portion of a sounder. Nuttin' like a GOOD first impression.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL Thank God for the tell-tale tail of a dog. Nice ending for a potentially sad event, for sure. Congrats on the slaying of a large portion of a sounder. Nuttin' like a GOOD first impression.

They were mostly lone boars, and a few small sounders. I did spot a large sounder of 50+ hogs in a cattle feed lot only four of those hogs were stupid enough to leave the cover of the cows. Those four died and were pretty fat been eating the cows food lol.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bet the land owner was impressed! How many a night did the doggers get?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, well I know he was happy then! Tell him about his dog in jeopardy playing w you?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, well I know he was happy then! Tell him about his dog in jeopardy playing w you?

It was not his dog who knows where it came from.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Really? well it had to have been an exciting moment.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Didja leave him a gut pile to roll in after it gets ripe? LOL