Zeus pro questions

Billygadget7

LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have only had it for a week, haven't hunted yet but played with it for a few hrs.
640 res 2-16 50mm 30hz zeus pro with armasight dvr.
Waiting to hear back from Gordon @ armasight, but figured I would get some other opinions.
1. Spring tension on battery door seems too much. I'm scared to remove batteries for fear I'm gonna cross thread it going back on. I'm assuming it needs a lot of tension to handle the recoil advertized, but the most it will ever see will be a bolt .308.
2. Objective focus ring is very tight. I think too tight. Most likely for the same reason I mentioned above.
3. When I video I get black horizontal lines dancing on the screen. As I'm recording and during playback.

Just wondering if someone else has had similar questions / problems. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
1. Yes the battery door is under a lot of tension. And I'm sure it's to keep contact under recoil. The best way to tighten it down without cross threading is to press pretty hard on it and rotate to the left until it clicks to where the threads are lined up. Then tighten it but not too hard at first to make sure it's properly lined up.

2. My objective focus ring is really tight too. Takes some force to turn it. But I prefer that over one you can turn with your little finger. That way you can focus to infinity and leave it. Don't have to worry about it getting turned.

3. I use the MDVR from ultimate night vision so I can't speak for the Armasight one. Sounds like you just have noise in the cable. My MDVR works fine though with my pro.

Billygadget7

LoneStarBoars Supporter
1. Yes the battery door is under a lot of tension. And I'm sure it's to keep contact under recoil. The best way to tighten it down without cross threading is to press pretty hard on it and rotate to the left until it clicks to where the threads are lined up. Then tighten it but not too hard at first to make sure it's properly lined up.

2. My objective focus ring is really tight too. Takes some force to turn it. But I prefer that over one you can turn with your little finger. That way you can focus to infinity and leave it. Don't have to worry about it getting turned.

3. I use the MDVR from ultimate night vision so I can't speak for the Armasight one. Sounds like you just have noise in the cable. My MDVR works fine though with my pro.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong then. Cause I have to move objective ring to focus at different ranges. Doesn't take much but still needs to turned. I really thought that's what it was for.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have only had it for a week, haven't hunted yet but played with it for a few hrs.
640 res 2-16 50mm 30hz zeus pro with armasight dvr.
Waiting to hear back from Gordon @ armasight, but figured I would get some other opinions.
1. Spring tension on battery door seems too much. I'm scared to remove batteries for fear I'm gonna cross thread it going back on. I'm assuming it needs a lot of tension to handle the recoil advertized, but the most it will ever see will be a bolt .308.
2. Objective focus ring is very tight. I think too tight. Most likely for the same reason I mentioned above.
3. When I video I get black horizontal lines dancing on the screen. As I'm recording and during playback.

Just wondering if someone else has had similar questions / problems. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1. It comes with a tool to help with this, I personally do not use it but it is available. A bolt .308 has more recoil than a auto most of the time. Most problems people have with thermals comes back to the batteries moving under recoil.

2. They start of tight but will get better with use at least mine all of mine have.

3. That is from the recorder I use a cable with filter That I got from DaveABQ.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe I'm doing something wrong then. Cause I have to move objective ring to focus at different ranges. Doesn't take much but still needs to turned. I really thought that's what it was for.

That is correct just like a camera lens you have to turn the focus ring for different ranges. Basically this lets you get the fine detail not available in units with no focus ring. obviously you do not have to be in total focus to shoot, but its nice to have the option.

Billygadget7

LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is correct just like a camera lens you have to turn the focus ring for different ranges. Basically this lets you get the fine detail not available in units with no focus ring. obviously you do not have to be in total focus to shoot, but its nice to have the option.

Thanx for the info TEXASLAWMAN.
Just curious if you have been or will be one of lucky early birds to test and evaluate the new Armasight HD DVR? Armasight says release should be early 2016.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanx for the info TEXASLAWMAN.
Just curious if you have been or will be one of lucky early birds to test and evaluate the new Armasight HD DVR? Armasight says release should be early 2016.

I'm sure I'll get to look at it.