zeus pro 336 4 x 50mm vs pro 640 2x16

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
New member wanting to buy a therml scope and a monocular.
Whats the better deal the zues pro 336 4x 50mm60 core or the zues pro 640 2x16 50mm 30 core . Thank you for your input.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
640 vote here. Might wanna look at the armasight apollo or Apollo pro clip ons.. Or the Ir Defense ir hunter mk II. They can be used as a monocular, a stand alone scope, or in conjunction with a day optic.

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
I was going to get a themal scope and a night vision monocular for a helmet. I was thinking on the 50mm 2 x 16 640 pro 30 hz and getting a good moncular for a helmet. I did not have quite enough money. So the sells person was saying get the 336 4x 50mm and a mil scec moncular. If i wait a little bit i can get both. But i just wanted opinions on the thermal scope.

Last edited:

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dusty what kind of hunting are you doing....going to do. Stand over feeder, highly mobile, little of both?

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
Little bite of both mostly with a suppressor close range here at home and some i will go out on different properties. And hunting clubs. I will use it mostly shoting varmints here on my property sitti g using decoys and calls. Prodetors getting my wifes chickens.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Definitely go with a 640 if possible, Even if you have to wait on other stuff.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Definitely go with a 640 if possible, Even if you have to wait on other stuff.
X2. I had an ATN Thor 2x 30mm 320 for a year and sold it as soon as I looked through a 640. Haven't looked back.

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
THANKS for everybody suggestions. I bought the zuess pro 640 2x16x50mm 30hz. Waiting for it to be delivered. Early next year i will be buying a monocular for helmet. What grade tube should i look for. And signal to noise ratio. Does anyone have suggestions. I hope this thermal was a good investment.

Last edited:

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
THANKS for everybody suggestions. I bought the zuess pro 640 2x16x50mm 30hz. Waiting for it to be delivered. Early next year i will be buying a monocular for helmet. What grade tube should i look for. And signal to noise ratio. Does anyone have suggestions. I hope this thermal was a good investment.

I got into night hunting with a couple ATN Gen 1 NV scopes. After deciding that I liked it, I did what most people do and tell you to do, and got a PVS14 and helmet and all accessories. Then I got lonely, and got a second 14 with helmet and accessories. Then a buddy got an Armasight Nemesis 4x Gen 2 white phosphor rifle scope, and i liked it so much that I got one for my dad just like it. Then, I got an ATN Thor 60Hz 2x 320, used it for a year and got the Zeus 640 75mm 640 3x. Once me and my hunting buddies got the Nemesis NV rifle scopes and I got the Thor (and just recently got the two Zeus 640 3x units) the PVS14s only get used on very, very ink black nights or on starlight nights in the woods. We do 90+% of our night hunting in open fields and most of the rest is in stationary positions. For our style of night hunting, the rifle-mounted NV and thermal scopes just work so much better than helmet mounted PVS14s do. We do use the rifle-mounted thermals and NV scopes for scanning a lot. If I could trade one of my PVS14s, TW helmet, IR illuminator and an IR laser or two for a good thermal spotter, I'd have to think real hard about the deal.

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
I got into night hunting with a couple ATN Gen 1 NV scopes. After deciding that I liked it, I did what most people do and tell you to do, and got a PVS14 and helmet and all accessories. Then I got lonely, and got a second 14 with helmet and accessories. Then a buddy got an Armasight Nemesis 4x Gen 2 white phosphor rifle scope, and i liked it so much that I got one for my dad just like it. Then, I got an ATN Thor 60Hz 2x 320, used it for a year and got the Zeus 640 75mm 640 3x. Once me and my hunting buddies got the Nemesis NV rifle scopes and I got the Thor (and just recently got the two Zeus 640 3x units) the PVS14s only get used on very, very ink black nights or on starlight nights in the woods. We do 90+% of our night hunting in open fields and most of the rest is in stationary positions. For our style of night hunting, the rifle-mounted NV and thermal scopes just work so much better than helmet mounted PVS14s do. We do use the rifle-mounted thermals and NV scopes for scanning a lot. If I could trade one of my PVS14s, TW helmet, IR illuminator and an IR laser or two for a good thermal spotter, I'd have to think real hard about the deal.
Good info , did you get 30hz or 60hz on your zeus

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
I was going to get a themal scope and a night vision monocular for a helmet. I was thinking on the 50mm 2 x 16 640 pro 30 hz and getting a good moncular for a helmet. I did not have quite enough money. So the sells person was saying get the 336 4x 50mm and a mil scec moncular. If i wait a little bit i can get both. But i just wanted opinions on the thermal scope.
I bet I could get you in to a gen 3 PVS-14 and a thermal for under your budget.

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
I know a guy, that knows a guy, that could probably help you out there. He even has several thermal spotters you could borrow.

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
Well i heen off the forum for two weeks or so. I both the zuess pro 2x16x50 640 30 hz. A lot off humidity her in florida. Could see good in cow pastures and clear cut yards but not to good in wooded areaes. I also noticed even during the three hours i was out at night the image change. The scope was cool though. I did decide to return it and got the Zeus pro 100mm 4x32 640 30 hz. Have not used it but for 15min so for. And still need to feel out the warrant. I figured for the money to get the higher magnafcation and deal with scanning more. The zuess 2x16 did have a large field od veiw and better deth perception i though.

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
Now i need to figure out how to work. So for i can zoom in and out and use the brightness control. Going to mount it this weekend on a pws t3 summit 22 rimfire with a Element 2 suppressor. Any suggestions on easy adjustment for image quality.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Now i need to figure out how to work. So for i can zoom in and out and use the brightness control. Going to mount it this weekend on a pws t3 summit 22 rimfire with a Element 2 suppressor. Any suggestions on easy adjustment for image quality.

When I got my Zeus I loaded up a cooler with beer, got a lawn chair, and just sat outside for 3-4 hours. It's pretty intuitive.