Zeus- crack in housing, FLIR warranty?

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Recently noticed that the plastic /resin housing around the power knob on my Zeus (non-Pro) 3-24x75 640 has developed a crack. Still in the 3 year warranty period. I'm in the process of going back and forth with FLIR for sending it in to address the crack, as well as fogging in the eyepiece optiocs and a general image performace decline.

I've watched TLM's Armasight set up video several times but just can't get the 640 Zeus (with updated firmware in 07/2016) to stack up against my buddy's identical scope (or even my 384 Pulsar XD38A or buddy's Apex XQ50). Open to suggestions as tothe performance/ image issue...

How has FLIR been treating Armasight warranty issues?

5WdY1uk.jpg

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I read your post on Arfcom about the hd38 being better than than the Zeus 75mm. I had a hd38 and while ok i ended up getting rid of it. It was no where near the image of the Zeus. Somethings wrong.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Update- not off to a great start. I e-mailed OTS-Support@flir.com on 2/12 with description of issues and serial number. Got a response on 2/14 asking for the scope's part number. I responded on 2/14. On 2/15, I get an e-mail stating:
Thank you for provided information. We will issue the RMA number based on it and provide you the instructions how to send the unit for repairs as soon as it is possible. Best Regards, Lxxx Lxxxxxx Support Team Member.

On 2/21, I responded asking for an ETA for issuing the Return Authorization. It was returned as undeliverable.

So, at the end of the work day today, FLIR has had two full work weeks and has not issued an RMA.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not a direct line to the e-mail author. Actually, no phone number listed in the signature line of the e-mails at all. Your post made me think about it and I didn't remember a phone number for warranty or repairs on the site. I just checked it and no, there's not a phone number listed. Returns & Refunds

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Re-send your email. Email sometimes glitches.

If you don't want to try that (pretty easy to do), call them.

FLIR OUTDOOR & TACTICAL SYSTEMS
815 Dubuque Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Phone: 1-888-959-2259 or (650) 492-7755
Fax: 1-888-959-2260
Intl Phone/Fax: (650) 492-7755

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Called nad got in touch with someone at the OTS side of things. RMA issued, package now in FedEx's hands (along with $55 in insurance).

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had the exact same experience with L___ L______ last week. Response email bounced. I ended up tracking down a Flir VP in the OTR division through Linkedin who really got things moving.

I thank you for posting your experience, otherwise, I may have been waiting patiently for no reason, indefinitely.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, appreciate the info guys. Keep us updated on how it goes. I purchased a Zeus 640/3x/30 from NCS about 2.5 years ago. It recently started either going to blue screen or rebooting under recoil on about every 1 out of 10 shots. Looks like I need to send it in to have it checked, just trying to get thru corn planting season first. Makes me nervous, esp with the Armasight/FLIR deal.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
fanninland, looks like we bought the same thing from the same guy at about the same time. Watch your clock- warranty is 3 years. FedEx delivered mine at 2:00 on Wednesday, and I got an e-mail from FLIR acknowledging receipt at 6:40 that evening. I took that as a good sign.

Bakester- I really, really hope that I don't have to PM you for the name of the OTS VP.......... Keeping my fingers crossed.

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
fanninland, looks like we bought the same thing from the same guy at about the same time. Watch your clock- warranty is 3 years. FedEx delivered mine at 2:00 on Wednesday, and I got an e-mail from FLIR acknowledging receipt at 6:40 that evening. I took that as a good sign.

Bakester- I really, really hope that I don't have to PM you for the name of the OTS VP.......... Keeping my fingers crossed.

Haha, Mine arrived yesterday and I sent a tracking link to my contact there. He responded immediately and said he just got it from receiving and was taking it to the repair folks. Fingers crossed as well.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Thanks, yes pretty sure I’ll send my Zeus in also. Problem is it has only blinked under recoil in a couple of situations - very sporadically. It’s kinda like taking your truck to the mechanic to show him a problem but it runs fine when you get there.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IOn 3/6, I sent a reply to the e-mail FLIR sent me on 2/28 stating that they received the unit and asked for an ETA. They replied same day and stated that it should be shipped 3/7 adn that I would get an e-mail with tracking. I received an e-mail 3/8 with FedEx link. Should be delivered 3/14.

Now, I'm getting ready to open another RMA with them- my buddy's scope (same model as mine and purchased at same time through NCS) is exhibiting the blue screen intermittently. He also has never had the firmware upgraded. Once I receive mine back next week, I will update. If anything of note takes place in buddy's process, I will update.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Interestink - blue screen thing sounds like the same issue mine is having. Fwiw used mine last night, multiple shots and no issues - go figure. Got a Pulsar inbound for spotter/backup/loaner duty so when it arrives I'll also send the Zeus in.

Good to hear Flir has your unit headed back your way. Assuming the Issue is resolved sounds like good CS.

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It had been a week since they received it so I emailed my guy Thursday to get an update. He responded very quickly saying it was repaired and being prepared to ship "today or tomorrow". I didn't get a tracking # on Thursday so shot him another email yesterday to confirm thats it was going out. He responded with a tracking number and said that it had been in the shipping staging area and that he packed it up personally and handed it to the shipping guy.

Maybe this is overreach but the Flir side (vs. residual Armasight?) appears to be the ones with a process and desire to get things going in the right direction. I had contact with at least 5 or 6 Flir people and every one them went out of their way to try and assist me. Leadership is aware of the CS issues and seems to be working to fix it.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I received mine back 3/13 or 3/14. I haven't had the opportunity to get it out at night in open environment, but htey replaced the cracked switch and replaced the "eye piece" per a follow up e-mail. I need to check to see if that was just hte rubber eye cup or the whole eye piece optic assembly. It was fogging up on me- I got stuck in a down pour for about 30 minutes and the eye cup filled and held water for a while.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just got my hunting buddy's scope back from FLIR yesterday. He had the blue screen issue. Haven't really put it through its paces, but image looks improved. We're going hunting this weekend so I'll have to report back. I did notice that his still has the same battery meter issue it has had since day one- the meter in the top right corner of the screen always is flashing red / dead battery regardless of battery status. I've checked new batteries on a meter that work fine in my scope, but they always read the emergency low battery level in his.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I kinda left this thread to wilt away. Ended up getting my buddy's scope back from FLIR in April. Still had issues turning off during recoil- any recoil. Dropping the hammer on an empty AR chamber would cause it to turn off. E-mailed them again and they said send it in. They replaced it with what appears to be a factory-new Zeus. It was delivered today.