Zeus accessories ?

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, what are you guys using for accessories? I ordered the Armasight DVR and external battery pack, but I talked to Andrew at Armasight today, and they can't be used together, one or the other. I also learned that the DVR has no audio yesterday doing some research, and apparently has some weak cable issues? So what DVR's and battery set-ups are you folks using CR123's is going to get expensive. Andrew said something about the DVR could be used as an external battery pack then switch to DVR, so I guess I could use rechargeable CR123's in it, but still the audio and weak cable issue.

Thanks
CC

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The only ones that I know that record audio are the MDVR from ultimate night vision and the one Dave ABQ imported. The MDVR shows some horizontal lines with the armasight thermals not bad but they are there. Dave also makes a filtered cable that removes the lines.

I do not use my scope to scan or locate game not a big fan of point a rifle at things to figure out what they are. I use my pvs-14 for that it worked great for a long time. Of course now I use a thermal monocular which is the ideal set up but an expensive one. So my scopes usually last several hunting trips before running out of battery.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
CC, you have a few options. I've done a few for people that bought what you have and make them work in unison.

Other options from there are as TLM described. You can get an MDVR and their cable. You can get an MDVR and my cable, you can get my DVR and my cable. Or you can get...

Depends what dvr got got from armasight, have the part number so I can see which one it is?

I'm sure it's their standard one, otherwise you would have a cable with filter in the box.

An example, this is a setup I built where I made both work together. It uses the Armasight battery pack to power the scope and also has a video out cable with filter to either feed the Armasight HD DVR (not the standard one), the MDVR or my DVR.

159924783.jpg

Last edited:

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM,
Yes, I don't like the idea of using the rifle to spot with either. I will address that ASAP. Safety is the reason, I now own a Zeus and not an X-sight.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave,
I know I contacted you based on a google search I did. I wasn't ignoring your reply, I was simply looking to see if there were other options, but looks like you're the go to guy for DVR's and cables. Do you want to keep this on the forum for future google search's or go back to the conversation mode?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Doesn't matter. I do it just for satisfaction, don't really make any money consider all the time I put in and vote much I've given away lol.

Just trying to help people out.