Zeroing issue

Fla_dogman

LSB Member
I'm having an issue with my armasight Apollo thermal. At 100yds I can hit 2" right, one click over and it's 2"left so I can't get it to hit where I want it. Will the margins help adjust this out? FYI it's 3 shot groups shot from a vise on a bench. This was been an issue from the beginning.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
5AA1438B-4815-483D-9061-3129FF3333DD.png I don’t hanve any direct experiencing zeroing an armasight but if it’s anything like trijicon or pulsar try repeating that same zero process with the scope digitally zoomed in twice as much as when you zeroed it before and had that problem. Doubling your zoom should divide the point of impact of each click by 2. So if you double your zoom each click will only move the bullet impact half as far. That’s how it works with pulsar and trijicon at least.

Fla_dogman

LSB Member
Wrapping my head around what you are saying is, and if I'm understanding correctly, it's the same as a day scope 1/4" at 100yds =1/2" at 200? If so I get it but mine doesn't matter what power of magnification you're on it the amount of correction falls left or right of center or bullseye with one click. If I were to shift the margins either way would it affect the poi by shifting it slightly left or right?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry I suck at wording things efficiently sometimes when explaining what I’m trying to say.
On the trijicon and pulsar scopes at 100 yards, if you are at whatever the native optical magnification of the scope is (say 3x), and 1 click moves your poi 2”, then at 2X digital magnification (6x), at 100 yards, your POI will only shift 1”
That may not be the case with the armasight scopes though as I have never zeroed one of them.

Edit: I just realized you have an Apollo clip on thermal. Are you using it as a stand alone sight or as a clip on in front of a day optic?

Fla_dogman

LSB Member
Sorry I suck at wording things efficiently sometimes when explaining what I’m trying to say.
On the trijicon and pulsar scopes at 100 yards, if you are at whatever the native optical magnification of the scope is (say 3x), and 1 click moves your poi 2”, then at 2X digital magnification (6x), at 100 yards, your POI will only shift 1”
That may not be the case with the armasight scopes though as I have never zeroed one of them.

Edit: I just realized you have an Apollo clip on thermal. Are you using it as a stand alone sight or as a clip on in front of a day optic?
Stand alone now

Bowfisher

LSB Member
Zero it on on the highest zoom level. That should make a difference. If it doesn't, I'd be sending it back, nothing more frustrating than something that can be dialed in.

Fla_dogman

LSB Member
Update: I finally got into my margin settings and descovered they affect the poi. As of now I'm hitting center at all ranges and 3 out of the 4 zoom settings. Finally imI getting my confidence back