Youth Thermal Hunting 101

DangerRanger

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A few weeks ago, I had the privilege of volunteering at a Cross Trail Outfitters youth summer camp program down near George West, TX. Kids ages 10-16 spend an entire week on a hunting ranch hunting, fishing, bow fishing, target shooting, swimming, and being involved in a Bible Study through out the week. One of the most common animals they hunt is hogs. I was asked if I could bring my night vision and thermal gear to take some of the kids hog hunting that wanted to. I gladly accepted.

The kids were able to kill 3 hogs, a ram, and a raccoon with thermal. Unfortunately, there were several misses. I tried to tell the kids to stop watching DJ’s hunting videos, but I guess they continued to do so when I wasn’t looking.

Had an absolute blast with Cross Trail Outfitters and I recommend them to anyone looking for opportunities to get youth plugged in the outdoors. They are a solid Christian organization.

Not all kills were recorded unfortunately.

Last edited:

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Boy that Armasight camper nailed that rock. Good thing he wasn't looking at one of the cows. That is awesome of you to get involved with the kids like that. Good on you.

DangerRanger

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Boy that Armasight camper nailed that rock. Good thing he wasn't looking at one of the cows. That is awesome of you to get involved with the kids like that. Good on you.
Glory 100% to God. Gotta keep reminding myself that all blessings come from Him. Including my opportunities to hog hunt currently as much as I do.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good on ya sir! Great times

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats to the young hunters!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What did you use to upload your pictures?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Outstanding !!! That one lad is a rock slayin' MACHINE!!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a great time! Love the carp shoot too!