Your best thermal zeroing process learn me ups!

LSB Active Member
I was so excited when I my Pulsar first arrived I really spent a minimal amount of time zeroing it in I just got it in the neighborhood so I could get it on fur and ran out for carnage. Now that I don't have that spaz excitment when they appear and I know it's on I really want to go back and see how dialed in I can get this.....it also stems from the fact that last night I took a head shot and saw it impact well over his head was locked in on the hood of my truck so I'm definitely high several inches. I came back after he settled down 50 yards later and aimed at shoulder and got him a few inches up of that so I'm feeling pretty confident it's just an elevation thing not windage.

What I did was freshly paint some steel which was pretty cool compared to the 95 degree heat. Looked at paint flecks and went from there. I used a frozen water bottle to zero in my buddies and that worked well enough I may go back and do that, but the problem I see there is a bottle is about 6" tall and 2" wide. I took where the bottle split roughly midway with center of bottle POA as the impact and called the windage good enough.

Any other methods you guys have used I'd love to hear it. I simply don't see paper well enough with my RXQ I'm not sure if I need to tweak something to be able to better see it, but it's no bueno so far when trying to use it. Thanks all

Last edited:

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hand warmers. I take one cut in half. Dump out half of that. Fold over and staple on fresh blank paper.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used water bottles at 50 yards for the longest time. Now I use the thermal targets Night Vision Guys sells. They come with a sheet of 1" squares so I get way more precise zero now.

LSB Active Member
I used water bottles at 50 yards for the longest time. Now I use the thermal targets Night Vision Guys sells. They come with a sheet of 1" squares so I get way more precise zero now.

Thanks TEX. Having looked through an RXQ30 do you think I'd be able to use the NVG targets? I've not had any success picking up paper targets of all kinds so far. Thanks

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks TEX. Having looked through an RXQ30 do you think I'd be able to use the NVG targets? I've not had any success picking up paper targets of all kinds so far. Thanks
Yes it will look like a live hog.