X-Sight went back today

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After arguing with Sachal Baig about the auto-dimming issues for a week, I got an RMA from Optics Planet because the scope does not function as advertised. Actually there are several features that don't work at all, but the auto-dimming is the biggest problem with the scope, and Sachal says it's not a problem. It is gone, and I will never deal with ATN again.

I also told the wife, I had sent it back. So, she asked me, "I guess you're going to get the one you looked at, at the gun show, for $2000?" I looked at her, and said "no, that was a monocular. I need a scope." Then I gave her $1800 in cash and told her to put it up until I raised the rest of it.. I haven't told her how much yet. Lets just say I'll be selling off a few more toys.....

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It would seem after 2 years of promising ATN would have a 100% working scope...you should see the FB group that supports the X-sight. The folks that are ATN fanboys say even though it does not work as advertised it is a great scope...W H A T ?

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, on another Texas forum, I almost got banned for calling someone out in public and asking them tell me publicly it would either be fixed or they would give me my money back. No such declaration appeared. Just a warning from 2 mods and a closed thread. I wanted the scope to work, I didn't want my money back, but there is a 30 day window that I went over due to promised firmware updates, that were delayed over and over. As far as FB, if you post negative there it gets deleted and you are banned I was told by another member of the other forum.

As I told Sachal in my last e-mail, it might be a great scope if you hunt from the middle of a golf fairway. I hunt in the real world, with low hanging limbs, bushes, tall grass, tall weeds, and other obstructions between me and the target.

JPK

LSB Active Member
This suggestion is late for you, but, a Good reason to use a credit card for purchases is that if the vendor or manufacturer will not make things right or do the right thing you can deny or reverse the charge and force the vendor to allow a return. I have done it several times over the years for different things, never NV.

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but a PVS 14 with a 3x magnifier behind an EO Tech or Aimpoint could be had pretty inexpensively. Over on AR15.com, in the EE section there are a couple of PVS14's with blemishes that would make fine dedicated rifle mounted NV rigs that are offered at or under $1,800 and I just bought a USGI 3x magnifier on EBay for $74 including shipping.

I'll go and take a look and post some links.

JPK

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, I've got a friend that's going PVS 14, and I might go that way, if I look at his. Right now I'm pretty much settled on a thermal scope

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I still have mine, but yup, what a pita atn is. They released another firmware version, then remove it, so we've been at 266 for a couple months.

All I wanted was audio in the video recordings and I'm good to go as is.

I'm wondering if ATN is doing the changes via the SDK or the Chinese are doing it. Either way they need to get new programmers. I left the removed version in my scope, although I've been told not to, but have no idea why. I don't see dimming issues, the audio works etc

Also, a friend who got one, it came with version 173, what is that?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
;)The one after 172.

Drift

LSB Member
Well let hope that PVS 14 thing works out. One guy with situational awareness from the PVS 14 and one guy with a thermal scope sounds like a game plan. Regarding the credit card refund; I only tried it once (the product arrived bent) and only got 40% of my $ back. In the end all business transactions require some degree of trust in the honesty of the other guy. When the other guy has nothing in common with you (including concepts such as honer, honesty and ethics) things will fall apart. Thats the problem with diversity. But I digress Good luck with saving your $.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, that got painful on that other forum.