Would anyone be willing to do some reloading for me?

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok guys i have been saving my brass for quite some time now. I have 200 pieces of .223 brass, and 480 pieces of 40s&w that I would like to have reloaded. I would like to have 300 - 40s&w and 100- .223 reloaded. The .223 i want reloaded with 55gr hornady vmax. The 40s&w I would like half reloaded with 180 gr GD hollow points and half 180 gr FMJ.

I would be willing to trade the remaining 100-.223 and 180- 40s&w brass and pay the remaining balance within reason for the service. I also have a box of 20 - .308 brass, 20- 6.8 spc brass, and approximately 50-45 acp brass that I would ship along with it for you to keep for yourself. I don't know anything about reloading so I may be way off here. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Last edited:

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tread carefully my friend. Making ammo for profit without proper license is against federal law.

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was unaware of that. I have a friend of mine that used to do it for me but he has moved away.

I just payed him for his supplies (powder and bullets) and usually gave him half the brass or something to keep.
That is essentially what I am wanting to do here as well.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
Tread carefully my friend. Making ammo for profit without proper license is against federal law.

Type 06-FFL = Manufacturer of ammo.
Type 07-FFL = Manufacturer & dealer of firearms & ammo. can be a Class 2 or 3 SOT.
Type 08-FFL = Importer of ammo. Can be a Class 1 or 3 SOT.

Class 1-SOT = importer of Title 2 firearms
Class 2-SOT = manufacturer of Title 2 firearms
Class 3-SOT = dealer of Title 2 firearms

Is this correct ?

Last edited:

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vance, bring your but over to the bunk house. I got the 223 covered. I need to get the Dillon set up for pistol. I'll teach you how to reload.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Vance, bring your but over to the bunk house. I got the 223 covered. I need to get the Dillon set up for pistol. I'll teach you how to reload.
Learning how to do it yourself from a experienced reloader, priceless.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have taught a few people. There's no better way to go than to learn from someone who knows well how to reload. Just gets expensive when you get hooked on it

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Expensive is a good way to put is. But the per round cost if you shoot a lot is worth it. I find it to be a lot of fun. Getting over the set up cost is the deal. The next problem is adding new calibers. Most powders are hard to get still. Brass and primers have gotten easier to get.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Powder has made a comeback in the last three weeks

slow and steady wins the race

get the book, "ABC's of Reloading"

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
BRD if you see some Titegroup out there let me know.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can pick up an 8lb jug and hold it for the meet and greet.

:D

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Due to,healing up,from back surgery I,will not be able to,attend. Now if you can tell me how much and we will proceed. PM me and let me know.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry bud, most local shops don't ship. I will see if I can find a big national one that has it.

marineimaging

LSB Member
10 Ring in Houston Ships if they have it. You can order over the phone and pay with CC. Good People there. I ride my bike or walk there sometimes just for the exercise and buy a pack of primers, a couple pounds of powder..., if you need a list of basic items, tools, components you will not have a shortage of helpful hints from a lot of folks, including me. Remember, this is your hobby. You will not save a lot of money but you can progressively have the tools and materials to load what you want when you want it. Shoot a few to try one load. Shoot a few more with a tenth of a grain more powder to see how it shoots. Back off some. Change the seating. No matter what you do, if you follow the recipes in the books you can't go wrong. (P.S. Recipes are easy to follow. If you load brass that has a crack in it, you are not following the recipe. If you press in a primer and it is sticking out .020". That is not following the recipe. If you mix powders, nope. Not following the recipe. Again, recipes are easy to follow.)