Working on a mount for UNV DVR

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg Making a prototype mount for UNV DVR setup... Pics soon... Here's a rig made for swat guy. Our laser is down so the cuts on mount are lil rough but will have laser up soon, we are building a 4'x4' table for cutting larger pieces of kydex.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg Few rough ones, 2 clamshells and the open faced one... Gonna put a picatinny mount on it. Trying to protect the DVR from bumps and weather. All controls are still usable. Any input, ideas, constructive criticism or "you are an idiot"'s will be appreciated. On the clamshell I'm thinking silent Velcro will keep tension and encase the whole thing except controls...

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
That's a thought. But since it comes with the soft leather case as it gives good protection so I just use it. I made picatinny mounts with quick release bases. There are a few things you need to be careful of, which has happened to others here on the forum. During recoil, if the SD card is pressing against your kydex, it can pop it out, also when you slide it in to the holster, my mount has a slot on the front of it so that cannot happen.

My mount:

157207286.jpg

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
That's really creative. I'm impressed. Don't have any plans for dvr anytime soon but was attracted to your post cause I've been thinking about some kind of attachment to my new ATN dnvn-2 monocular to make it easily accessible and ergonomic. Will keep watching your progress, one of these days Ill get a dvr for my Digisight n750.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
have you tried the side saddle stock pouch ??

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way cool, like it when someone has an idea and it is useful and might even work!!??:) For months now I have been looking for a riser/spacer/an add on/what ever you would like to call it to put on top of a rail for more height. The other night in my sleep I was thinking about how I was going to approach someone to build one. Then it came to me to try the ole interweb one more time and sure enough YHM has come out with an adapter/riser/spacer. Do not know how long they have been out but still think someone else needs to get on it and make one too. I bought 3 two for me and one for a friend, now I can move the TLR1HP down the hand guard away from the end of the barrel. Sorry to carry on. Love it when someone has the STUFF to make things like this, this and the other fella on here that dabbles in the electronics end of it all!! THANKS GUYS FOR DOING WHAT YOU DO!!!! The only idea I would suggest would be plexiglass padded holder, it is easy to cut and glue together?? Carry on!! BANG BANG!!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
have you tried the side saddle stock pouch ??

I have used a stock pouch on a .308 and AR15 with some good results, and some not so good. The good part about the stock pouch is that it usually allows for more movement of the rifle around the dvr and so the dvr suffers less direct recoil impact. As Dave keeps pointing out, most of these are not actually recoil rated. The real downsides are that you often have to run wires further which means more chance for entanglement or snagging. Also, depending on the point, getting the wire to the dvr may be cumbersome. When on an AR15, a stock pouch usually means the stock needs to be fully extended before charging and the wire really gets in the way of the charging handle.

Bottom line...it can be made to work but isn't nearly as nifty/convenient as the likes of what Dave has made.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really like your design and idea. Mounting it where you are will help keep the cables short and out of the way.

I just got mine mounted tonight with the side saddle. Although I have the cabling pretty well strapped down, I'm unsure if it'll be in the way or not. I mounted the record toggle up front on the hand guard for easy access, but that does add that much more cabling....300-1.jpg

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looks really good. If you can charge your rifle without conflicting with the stock wraps or side saddle, then I would say you are set.
No problem charging the handle at all. I figure this is one of those kinds of setups that will constantly be modified, but this seems to work for now.