Winter Solstice Boar and First SiOnyx Feral Hogs

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My buddy, Stupid Chad, and I got in one last hunt before he shipped out to Georgia. We saw hogs several times, but had trouble getting to them, in part due to cattle and the fact that we had trouble catching up with them while they were on the move. Eventually, we got on to a small group that Chad spotted with the SiOnyx Aurora Day/Night Camera. Our first approach was thwarted after the hogs went into the woods, but they came back out again later and we were able to make a good stalk on them only to have them backed by cattle. It took some maneuvering and the misfortune one misguided boar for us to finally get a safe shot...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
'Ol Stupid Chad comes in pretty handy with eyeballing while riding shotgun. Better keep him on the payroll. We haven't seen any collaborations with the Hessian in a while either. Is he still alive and kickin'?

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Boy he went down with the double team action. Wish the cows would have cooperated better. Looked there were several more that could have been added , except for the cows. Good shooting

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Gotta take care o' the cows, fer sure. Shooting livestock is never a good thing.
Nice work getting the one you did.
Keep After 'Em!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you call you friend “stupid Chad,” what do you call your enemies?

Cool video!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
“Stupid” Chad manages expectations well, especially with his lady.

Old joke: Old guy in a small town is mocked for his lifetime habit of always taking five cents when offered the choice of a nickel or a dime.

When finally asked why, he sez, “If I ever took a dime, they’d stop givin’ me nickels”.

DarkNight

LSB Member
Does the sionyx give off IR glow? Thought I saw a red glow in the vehicle mirror around 1:17?
My buddy, Stupid Chad, and I got in one last hunt before he shipped out to Georgia. We saw hogs several times, but had trouble getting to them, in part due to cattle and the fact that we had trouble catching up with them while they were on the move. Eventually, we got on to a small group that Chad spotted with the SiOnyx Aurora Day/Night Camera. Our first approach was thwarted after the hogs went into the woods, but they came back out again later and we were able to make a good stalk on them only to have them backed by cattle. It took some maneuvering and the misfortune one misguided boar for us to finally get a safe shot...