Will not Fire

Green Swamp

I have a 308 from Live Free Armory. Was out shooting lastnight and my gun just quit firing. Had shot 10 rounds no problem and then all it would do was click with very light strike on primer. It had 30 rounds since last cleaning. I took it apart and cleaned last night but still wont fire. Any ideas???

Green Swamp

Most of the ammo was hornady. I shot some federal earlier this week. Yesterday I shot 10 or so rounds of ppu before going hunting with no problems. Went hunting and shot one time and then it would not fire any more. Had the mag full of ppu. Tried the ammo I had been shooting and it still would not fire.

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
If it is not the hammer spring there could be some debris impeding the full movement of the hammer. I would pull the trigger assembly and check it's housing and the lower receiver for any foreign matter. Good luck.

Green Swamp

I was going to do that last night but I cant get the safety out even with the hammer back. Didn't know if I could use a punch so I didn't mess with it anymore. What am I doing wrong on this step???