Will I ever learn?

dodgepu360

image.jpg To not leave the house unarmed.

Last night I went to the road on the 4-wheeler to get the trash can. After fetching the can I thought I so go check the cellular game camera since it hadn't sent me any pictures all day. I figured no need to grab a rifle since all I ever see around my trap at this time (8:15 pm ish) of day is deer. I drive up to the trap and as I get past some trees where I can see the trap there is this splotchy hog that has been teasing me the last 3-4 days. He would show up in the mornings when I am in the shower or just after I drive out of the gate. Anyway he just casually walks away. After I get done cussing myself for not having get a gun I turn around and head to the house to get a rifle hoping that hog would wander back to the feeder.

I grab the AR and start walking back down but I circle around though the trees and come from the opposite direction. I can hear the hog grunting. It's getting dark quick and as I get to where I can see the feeder. On the other side of the trap I see a dark blob moving around. I don't see a long neck so I am pretty sure it's not a deer and too big to anything else so I shoot and he squeals and goes down. I take a few steps towards him and he gets up and runs towards a tree. I shoot again and miss then he comes out on the other side of the tree with a hitch in his get along. I shoot him again and he goes down. He starts trying to get up so I put another one in him and he is down for the count.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good going, finally out smarted him.

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Glad you got him.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love that hand guard on my Grendel, but dang it is heavy. Good job on the pig!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He didn't get away this time ; )

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He needed some lead just cause he's ugly!! Great Job!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good for you you got your pig!