Wife's first hog

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I went hunting tonight with my wife and oldest daughter. Just after dark with the green light on a nice size hog came in. We made a little noise moving around to get a shot and the hog walked back into the tree line. A few seconds later he came out again and my wife informed me that she was going to take the shot. She did and down he went. One round from her 6.8 Stag 7H with Hornady 120 SST is all that was needed. The weather is bad so we will go back in the morning for better pics. The hog measured 40 inches=200lbs. Very proud of her. It wasn't an easy shot.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice hog for a first. That big grin says it all. Good job!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job, really nice hog!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
She done great, nice hog !

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
YEEAHHH!! Good sized pig

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great job getting your wife out with you.

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Went back out during the day to move it away from the feeder. She ended up shooting it just under the left eye. You can see the bulging eye in the second picture in the original post. She may be hooked on hog hunting now.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Filled the tailgate! We'll expect eye shots from her from now on...

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
An amazing first kill and like someone else said great hog. Wish my wife would hunt with me she is a better shot.

PS: I,asked my wife who can shoot as good or better will you go hunting with me. She said "that is your job" I said OK. She tells me if you can not kill anything do not come home. Hum I think she is serious so I do my best.

Last edited:

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We at the Turkey Buzzard Preservation Society would like to ask for her help in feeding our winged brethren.

Pretty Please?

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
lets see here. Attractive wife who is now hooked on hunting pigs, can shoot straight and knows how to handle a weapon.

Not too much more a guy could ask for.

very nice kill !!!!!!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you don't eat them??