Wife's First 6.8 AR

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We finally got a chance to shoot my wife's new AR that she got for her birthday. I bought all the parts and she put it together with a bit of help from me. Here is a video of her taking the virgin shots.

Now that she has her own AR we can hunt pigs together. Next is my daughter's 6.8 AR and all three of us can sit in the blind gunning down piggies.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love it... build it and shoot it !

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
She looks and shoots like a keeper!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I agree. Last year she used my 6.8 to take a buck and ever since then she has got the bug. Still need to get a better optic, but she wants a swaro and those scopes are pricey. Guess I have to save up for Xmas present. But on the bright side a swaro is cheaper than diamonds.
She looks and shoots like a keeper!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A woman with an AR especially shooting one is just soooo HOT! LOL

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I agree. Last year she used my 6.8 to take a buck and ever since then she has got the bug. Still need to get a better optic, but she wants a swaro and those scopes are pricey. Guess I have to save up for Xmas present. But on the bright side a swaro is cheaper than diamonds.
Do NOT let her know you said that... you'll end up buying BOTH. LOL

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Something tells me you have some first hand experience with this. Good thing I logged off on the home CPU.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Something tells me you have some first hand experience with this. Good thing I logged off on the home CPU.

Nope, don't claim to understand the fairer of the species... however, I DO understand THIS about "them" in general... they want what they perceive they can't have. LOL So, if you tell 'em they got the fancy-shmancy scope INSTEAD of the diamond(s) (as you added the "s")... then you'll "pay".

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
That's awesome. She looks like she is big enough to take you too:eek:

My wife hunts, calls, fishes (even by herself), cleans game, (even allows Deer heads, etc in the freezer), etc so it's hard to BS on stuff needed. It's great to have a spouse that likes all the activities I do, but it's twice as expensive and I don't get much time alone (no shadow);)

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's awesome. She looks like she is big enough to take you too:eek:

My wife hunts, calls, fishes (even by herself), cleans game, (even allows Deer heads, etc in the freezer), etc so it's hard to BS on stuff needed. It's great to have a spouse that likes all the activities I do, but it's twice as expensive and I don't get much time alone (no shadow);)

She keeps telling me she wants to learn how to field strip a animal, which is fine with me since that isn't my favorite part anyways

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The two of you should come out here. She can work the rifle and field dress all the hogs she wants!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The two of you should come out here. She can work the rifle and field dress all the hogs she wants!
And, fetch more cold beers in between hogs. (I mean... let's push the envelope GOOD) LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My wife sits at home, will not hunt or go to the lease...that is good and bad but I will take it. When I call and have taken an animal she has the saltwater brine ready for me when I get home. Never complains about my hunting, has stopped complaining about the expenses, even the new $165 snake boots I bought, so it could be alot worse. I used to hide new guns from her but now I just say i bought another gun, ammo or whatever it is. Coming from an Ohio hunting family she sorts knows but never hunted, does not really like guns and does not shoot but does not complain that I do....she does think it is silly I conceal carry, answer the door w a gun and make her run drills sometimes(where to lay or hide so she does not get shot and I know where she will be) should there be a home invasion.. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You use Country Crock as a rifle lube?;)

That took me a minute to figure what the heck you where referring too. LOL

Ya makes the gun run like butter. NOT. spent brass can

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Not sure if she knows this but resting the barrel on something while taking a shot will change poi. Just a thought from watching the video.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ya she knows that and was doing good until the last shot.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My wife complained alot in the beginning about my hunting. Then I started taking her, in a tent of course. That got old. Then ice fishing tournaments, that didn't go over too well with her either. Elk hunting at 10,000 feet, hated that. When she realized how much work it could be and the lack of "Fun" for her, she never said another word. She was always pushing me to go. Hmmmm, maybe she wanted revenge.