Wife got a hog

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My wife got a hog F1B429B3-E860-4475-A3E5-39642F3244B3.jpeg AFDF1070-E469-4817-9786-A6A1F318B626.jpeg tonight just after dark. She was hunting off the deck on the RV in camp. She was using a green light and her Stag 7H 6.8 and 120 SST ammo. She hit it a little low and we tracked it for a while. I was very excited when we found it. This was her first hog on our property and only her second total.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Outstanding!! Looks like she meant "bidniz" there. Is the hook set now?

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looks like a nice hog! Good job and good shooting! Congratulations!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I’d keep quiet about the “deck of the RV” thing...

Pretty sure that you have to pay royalties to NASCAR for any fun you have up there.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down!! That's the way to hunt ... right off the deck or patio :D

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank God she was wearing camo! lol Good job!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That’s a cool looking hog. Congratulations to the wife.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good lookin' hog, although it kinda reminds of a border collie my in-laws had in the past. :p
Congratulations!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good lookin' hog, although it kinda reminds of a border collie my in-laws had in the past. :p
Congratulations!
That was one UGLY Border Collie then. LOL

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That was one UGLY Border Collie then. LOL
Which is probably why I got along so well with the dog — we had something in common. :confused:

I tell folks "My momma might have raised some ugly kids, but she didn't raise 'em stupid!" :cool:
That was one of the smartest dogs I've ever known. Her herding instincts really came in handy when the cows got into the oat field and didn't want to leave.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Which is probably why I got along so well with the dog — we had something in common. :confused:

I tell folks "My momma might have raised some ugly kids, but she didn't raise 'em stupid!" :cool:
That was one of the smartest dogs I've ever known. Her herding instincts really came in handy when the cows got into the oat field and didn't want to leave.
Don't feel alone, my mother used to tie a pork chop around my neck and poke strips of bacon in my pockets to get the dog to play with me. Half the time, the dog would just knock me over and steal my lunch.

When I was a LEO, we had a feral border collie just outside of town. That dog was amazingly smart. She survived alone, in the arctic, raising a litter of pups, had us hunting her daily... and held her own, all winter long. I gained a lot of respect for the breed back in those days.

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Here is a pic of the hog up close. The wife likes camo because it is worm and she doesn’t care it it gets dirty! 4D07C0D1-9C3B-4835-9C4A-37F2F23AB6BE.jpeg

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The wife likes camo because it is warm and she doesn’t care it it gets dirty!
I can relate!
I typically wear camo even though I hunt at night. I buy used stuff at the second hand store, and if I get blood or whatever on it, I don't really care.

Which, mind you, is NOT the same as saying my wife doesn't care …
If I bring home clothes with blood on them, they get soaked in cold water before they hit the wash. I'm not concerned about it, but it's one of those things that just aren't worth any sort of argument. I just say "Yes, dear" and hand 'em over.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I can relate!
I typically wear camo even though I hunt at night. I buy used stuff at the second hand store, and if I get blood or whatever on it, I don't really care.

Which, mind you, is NOT the same as saying my wife doesn't care …
If I bring home clothes with blood on them, they get soaked in cold water before they hit the wash. I'm not concerned about it, but it's one of those things that just aren't worth any sort of argument. I just say "Yes, dear" and hand 'em over.
Wait?

This sound like a new strategy.

Are you saying you strip down right in front of your wife when you get home?

I’m thinking this move could parley into some bedroom action in my house. Thanks for the suggestion!!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
re you saying you strip down right in front of your wife when you get home?

I’m thinking this move could parley into some bedroom action in my house. Thanks for the suggestion!!

Hmm, I can think of several paths down which this topic might flow, but I believe I'll just say "You're welcome!"