Why not to move or make noise after your shot.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've tried to explain in stories how using a suppressor can get you more than one kill. Here is a video showing just how that works, you just need to sit still don't make any noise and I advise waiting at least 5 minutes before you move in to recover your animal.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very cool. I love watching those videos.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent lesson and impossible to show without video. Everyone should be videoing their hunts.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
most excellent tutorial.

Great job

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looking forward to the day I can test that out.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cuckle-Doodle-Done

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do you think the five minute rule goes out the window if shooting unsupressed?

No I would still wait either way, seems the odds are better suppressed though. Shooting suppressed is not totally silent but it is an advantage they cant tell where the shot comes from. But I would still wait un-suppressed.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am very curious as to what the boar would have done in the next minute , had he not been ballistically interrupted...

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am very curious as to what the boar would have done in the next minute , had he not been ballistically interrupted...

Who knows he was very nervous kept raising his head so I rushed the shot on him did not want him to bolt.

About three years ago I shot a large boar I knew he was close to 300 pounds and at that time I had not broke the 300 pound mark yet so I went to get scales. When I was driving back with the truck and scales it looked like he was moving, I stopped and watched it was another boar circling him. I got out stalked up as I was about to shoot the second boar mounted the first and started going to town humping him.

Again I can only imagine this is a dominance thing like in dogs. This second boar was even bigger than the first I put a 120 sst in his neck at 30 yards he fell over twitched and went limp. Walked back to the truck and finished the drive, got out to weigh them there was only one hog and a huge bloody spot the larger one got up and ran off never found him. The first boar weighed 298 pounds!

Navygator

LSB Active Member
No I would still wait either way, seems the odds are better suppressed though. Shooting suppressed is not totally silent but it is an advantage they cant tell where the shot comes from. But I would still wait un-suppressed.

roger that, will have to give it a try. Would like to put a suppressor on the 6.8 but since I just dropped all that cash on a thermal, and I only use it 3 or 4 times a year, will have to wait a bit. It was hard enough to justify a thermal with my limited hunting availability.

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The thermal will help you more than the suppressor anyways.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
roger that, will have to give it a try. Would like to put a suppressor on the 6.8 but since I just dropped all that cash on a thermal, and I only use it 3 or 4 times a week, will have to wait a bit. It was hard enough to justify a thermal with my limited hunting availability.
Just do it. 3-4 times a week?

save your hearing while you have something left to save

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Edit to say three or four times a year.

I shoot with double hearing protection, same stuff I used when I worked around aircraft.
ok, thought you were just showin' off!!

;)

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweet video and shoot.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

chthump

LSB Member
My first experience with the Zeus 3x 336 30hz, I shot my first thermal coyote, then had to change the battery, which kept me in my original location, 5 minutes later, new batteries, turned on the thermal and there were 2 coyotes looking for there friend, which I then shot and I think I hit one, but the battery change was not exactly right, when I fired the Zeus it shut off from recoil, my bad, didn't have the battery compartment tightened up. But, yes, don't rush the scene, it can bring in more coyotes/hogs.