Why it's called scrub brush..

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Met this little guy in San Marcos last night at about 60 yards; he was rooting near a waterhole. I knew I hit him very hard and expected DRT, but heard a splashing noise as I got closer.

Oh, hell, I think, that fool's done run off into the waterhole (unlike in Frank's locale, this would not be a self solving problem). I scan the waterhole with thermal and green light...nothing. Not even a ripple.

More splashing sound - and I find that he DID drop instantly - in a nice little wallow an Orc would be proud to call home. My thermal mono was now picking up a very cosmic signature as his body heat dissipated slowly through the slop, with eddies and swirls emanating from his last few flutter kicks. (I imagine this is the kind of thing a hog hunter would envision when tripping on acid).

image.jpg

Nearly lost my favorite boots (Muck Field Blazers) hauling him out of the groovy goo. It was late and I didn't want to haul him down to the water tower cleaning station. However, I didn't want to waste all the meat, and am not sufficiently proficient at butchering to keep the meat from getting filthy in the process.

So, a loop around the hooves, another round the SUV bumper and I take him for his final five-minute tour of his old stomping grounds.

image.jpg

Grabbed a copy of the Austin Chronicle (a liberal local weekly paper whose editors, no doubt, would have objected vigorously to this off-label use of their product) from the floorboard and after a few wipes, was ready for his meeting with Mister Marbles.

image.jpg

As you can see, he cleaned up pretty nicely. Took the back straps and left the coyotes an undeserved Christmas present.

I've been on the naughty list myself, a few times.

(PS24/Pulsar Photon 3x42/Mossberg .270/Barnes Vortex 130gr/Primo's Trigger Stick Bipod)

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, he cleaned up really well. Good save.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job! You did good! A gator would have been in the mix here, not going in after him!

Your story reminds me of an 18 year old girl in the news here who shot her step father...How you ask?
New details in the murder of a man in Munson over the weekend.

Taylor Crongeyer, 18, was arrested after Santa Rosa County deputies responded to a welfare check and found Crongeyer's step-father, 40-year-old Aubrey Cooley, dead.

Deputies say when they arrived on scene, they found Crongeyer with large amounts of blood on her clothes.

They found Cooley tied to the trailer hitch of a pickup truck at the ankles, dead from a gunshot wound to the head.

During an interview, Crongeyer told investigators she shot her stepfather while he was in bed following an altercation.

She then wrapped him in bed linens, and attempted to move him to a nearby wooded area to bury him.

She was unable to do so, and while driving back to the house, Cooley fell off of the truck.

She then tied him to the trailer hitch, and pulled him back to where police found his body.

Crongeyer is charged with first degree murder, and is being held in Santa Rosa County Jail without bond.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job and recovery. I may have left that one for the sink hole! blub blub blub

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They found Cooley tied to the trailer hitch of a pickup truck at the ankles, dead from a gunshot wound to the head.

She was unable to do so, and while driving back to the house, Cooley fell off of the truck.

She then tied him to the trailer hitch, and pulled him back to where police found his body.

Hate to hear it...that's a real drag.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah and a true story!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You may have read recently about the Austin hippie that the lifeguards just couldn't save from drowning. He was too far out, man.