whose bright idea was this anyway?

D

djones

i drank the 6.8 koolaid and my hog numbers dropped to about 200 since the first of the year. ok, it's in the shop so what's next. oh yeah... the 300wtf comes highly recommended sooooo here we goooo.

got up to about 50 yards from a good boar who was preoccupied with digging. a hurd of about 20 was mostly behind him but all around. took dead aim on the neck and let her rip. normally on a shot like that i go immediately to the rest of the heard, but the boar squealed and came at me. not a whole lot of time to mess around here, so stuck three more in him while he was bobbing and weaving. finally got him to veer off and hit him again. stopped but with a spin. really?? ok a couple more in at random places as he twirls. who knows where they hit, but he went down. finally on to the heerd. well crap, they're in the cotton stalks in the corner by now, but wait.... the boar is still thrashing about and growling. no problem, "take that!!" and two more off to the promised land.

300wtf.... impressive!!!!

IMG_1546_zpsoungn8sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The blackout is so yesterday anyways...it's the .17 wsm or nothing now. I am looking forward to that. Maybe that will help your numbers!

D

djones

A total of 8 shots?
yes. i used to be able to count my friends on this site with one hand. thanks to you, i can now count them on one finger

The blackout is so yesterday anyways...it's the .17 wsm or nothing now. I am looking forward to that. Maybe that will help your numbers!

aarrgg!!! i read your other post about how the savage was crap. i got that stupid savage 17 for 2 reasons...
1) because you had one
2) whatever lawboy can do, i can do better

20170331_081251_zps4bzwjwkw.jpg

Maybe there should be a new competition. Trap a hog and get it's verified weight. Then turn around and let it go and see how much weight you can make it gain b/f putting it down? You won!

if i had one wish it would be to line up everyone here who had a bright idea for one giant, continuous bitchslap... and i'd put you at the front

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well performance was not optimal what bullet was it? On the upside you hit him 8 times that is a high percentage for you maybe your on to something here. I mean if you think about it that is more hits than your last few hunts combined.

D

djones

lol, thanks... but it's the same hog. i was just showing how many shots it took to put him down

LSB Active Member
yes. i used to be able to count my friends on this site with one hand. thanks to you, i can now count them on one finger

aarrgg!!! i read your other post about how the savage was crap. i got that stupid savage 17 for 2 reasons...
1) because you had one
2) whatever lawboy can do, i can do better

20170331_081251_zps4bzwjwkw.jpg

if i had one wish it would be to line up everyone here who had a bright idea for one giant, continuous bitchslap... and i'd put you at the front
You should just be glad I wasn't there because I would've pulled that rifle out of your hands and taken a minimum of 16 shots to put the next hog down, then crowned champion of the initial lead overdose event and you'd be in second place!

D

djones

i bought some wtf supplies off a friend and he had about 50 rounds of lead tip ammo he loaded and 25 rounds of greentip. i normally don't shoot other people's handloads but i was in need. the green tips jammed so the lead tips got the nod. i don't know what they were
hammer_zpsf379c626.gif

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i bought some wtf supplies off a friend and he had about 50 rounds of lead tip ammo he loaded and 25 rounds of greentip. i normally don't shoot other people's handloads but i was in need. the green tips jammed so the lead tips got the nod. i don't know what they were
hammer_zpsf379c626.gif
Sierra Pro Hunters are a cup/core lead/copper pill with a somewhat pointed lead tip. Accurate as all get out in my 6.8 and did some nasty damage to an 8" water-logged log. A 5.56 didn't even go through, but the 6.8 blew a bowl shaped portion right out of the back of the log (side by side comparison).

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
But, just remember, the line would then get a turn at bitch-slapping you. You'd end up with a sore paw and a sore cheek too. But, you seem to enjoy going about things the hard way.

I still say... take that 6.8 and sight it in at 50 yds., then check to see where your POI is at 200 yds. (and then at 100 yds). I'd bet you'd find it a more productive means than the 100yds. zero. I'm gonna bet (that IF you humble yourself enough to give it a try) that you'd find it to be nearly identical (POI) between 50/200, and in the neighborhood of 1.5" high at 100yds. With that, study your own videos to see if your lead is too far/near and make one simple adjustment for anything between 50-200 yds. But, then... WTF do I know? I've never even killed a hog. I'm just a stupid city boy up in the Pacific Northwest.

D

djones

bla bla blah blabla bla blah.... But, then... WTF do I know? I've never even killed a hog. I'm just a stupid city boy up in the Pacific Northwest.
why do you and lawfrog make me go thru all that crap only to get to the end and find out i wasted all that time for nothing?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
why do you and lawfrog make me go thru all that crap only to get to the end and find out i wasted all that time for nothing?
Because it's just too danged EASY, that's why.

dman62

LSB Member
I think you need to get yourself an AK. Always goes bang, plenty of cheap ammo and you don't hsve to worry about brass or reloading. Everybody here has an AR, start using an AK and video youself shooting hogs without a shirt on. It would be epic!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah I don't look at you that way...but the below is how we see you
ohno.jpg