White Phosphor NV...YAY or NAY

znztivguy

LSB Member
Time has come to decide if the premium is worth it. I have plenty of "old" "antiquated" green hue NV optics. The military and all my Contractor buddies swear by it the WP unit intensifers. What do those on this board with the experience in use and sales of this imaging intensifier paradigm shift say?
Please point us in the right direction...or if this has been discussed to death before, add a link to enlighten us older folk who are weak in our GOOGLE FU.....

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I had a Gen 2+ scope with it. I liked it better over the traditional green.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I saw an Armasight on FB for $2100 white, looked good too,even I almost bought it. WP is all I would buy after seeing Todd's videos.

Mindreader1

LSB Member
I owned one till just a couple days ago (had to sell to fuel my thermal obsession) in hindsight I prolly should have kept it. Quality is amazing - I had a Photonis 4G

Attachments

• IMG_1435.JPG
    IMG_1435.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 24

znztivguy

LSB Member
I am loving the hues and contrast I'm seeing from WP units. Been using green for ages but this WP technology has been available for a premium since 2013. L3 filmless WP intensifiers. Now people are touting the 4g Intens from Photonis, even the sky watchers who are more picky then us tactical users while gazing at the stars. According to some of the material I have read the Gen 3 has advantages in price but cannot compare to the 4g when it comes to sheer spectrum coverage.
I don't know how that translates when shooting hogs or spotting border crossings.
A buddy is selling his PVS 15 L3 filmless WP unit with two intensifers for 8000 I'm actually taking it into consideration....lol to the horror of my wife.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am loving the hues and contrast I'm seeing from WP units. Been using green for ages but this WP technology has been available for a premium since 2013. L3 filmless WP intensifiers. Now people are touting the 4g Intens from Photonis, even the sky watchers who are more picky then us tactical users while gazing at the stars. According to some of the material I have read the Gen 3 has advantages in price but cannot compare to the 4g when it comes to sheer spectrum coverage.
I don't know how that translates when shooting hogs or spotting border crossings.
A buddy is selling his PVS 15 L3 filmless WP unit with two intensifers for 8000 I'm actually taking it into consideration....lol to the horror of my wife.
I'll let you know should have a 4g so shortly.

Mindreader1

LSB Member
Based on my experience with the 4G the 4G is exceptional in high lighting conditions and only marginally less clear in low light compared to the L3. L3 tubes have a declining resolution scale where it could go from a resolution of 45 in less than ideal lighting conditions to over 70. The 4G has a much more consistent picture at around 65 to 70 across all conditions. That to me was the big difference with the two. For the $200 or so difference I would definitely recommend the 4G Intens.

znztivguy

LSB Member
Discussed the 4G topic with a nightvision buddy of mine. According to him most of the Photonic 4G tubes that are coming into the market are not top of the line and have been less than par. He states that we would be better served if the Intens 4G you would get, is internationally sourced. Then again this is heresay I cannot verify. I do know that the L3 WP product is cheaper and is proven. Within the tactical spectrum they are both competitive with proven durability and maturity of product to the filmless L3.
Can someone with experience verify this for us?
We are looking forward to your contribution TEXASLAWMAN sir....

Just throwing it out there...I would trade one of my expensive thermals for a good WP product.

Mindreader1

LSB Member
I already stated I have used the 4G and shared my perspective as a user. You seem to already have a preference for L3, which is a good tube as well. If you want that you should just get it.
Discussed the 4G topic with a nightvision buddy of mine. According to him most of the Photonic 4G tubes that are coming into the market are not top of the line and have been less than par. He states that we would be better served if the Intens 4G you would get, is internationally sourced. Then again this is heresay I cannot verify. I do know that the L3 WP product is cheaper and is proven. Within the tactical spectrum they are both competitive with proven durability and maturity of product to the filmless L3.
Can someone with experience verify this for us?
We are looking forward to your contribution TEXASLAWMAN sir....

Just throwing it out there...I would trade one of my expensive thermals for a good WP product.

Mindreader1

LSB Member
Also if you are simply looking for more people who used it just call up Pete at I2 technologies, MOD Armory or anyone of those dealers that carry them. These guys have decades of field experience with NVG and would be a great resource for you.

topwater

It's not so much the WP as it is the "filmless" aspect of the new L3 gear that makes it top-notch. I do love mine. Went for a bike ride in complete darkness with it last night.