which 6.8 magazine are you guys using?

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've got my 6.8 together but haven't gotten the magazines i ordered. I think i may have made a mistake with supplier choice but I'll give them a little more time to respond. What are you guys using? I prefer a 25+ capacity. I was looking at the polymer Magpul but as i understand it only works with the LWRC, i am using standard lower. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Try Hamlund Tactical and the newest rendition of the C Products Defense

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ASC/CPD, both work well

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are correct in that the Magpul 68 mags only work in the LWRC 68. I run PRI mags and have not had a single issue.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use the pmsgs now but in my non lwrc I ran pri and asc with no issues.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I run ASC and CPD with no issues. My ASC mags allow 2.285 pretty easy.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
CPD also has a new finish and a 20 and 15 rd mag coming out soon a 25 is already out.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok, I feel better, found a ton of bad customer service reviews after I waited a couple weeks and not getting replies to e-mails. How prompt was shipping on yours?
My shipment was delayed a couple days longer than I expected it to ship. I called about it and spoke to a very friendly lady who apologetically explained that they had just finished moving locations. My order shipped the next morning.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are a bit pricey, but I run PRI's. 15 rd in the gun to keep the weight down and a 25 rd backup in a mag pouch on my belt.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Currently the only mag that will hold 30 is the Barrett and magpul. As you learned magpul is for six8 pattern only, but the Barrett can still be found from time to time. Only draw back of the Barrett is they typically have a reduced OAL.

I have used PRI gen1-gen3 in 25rd-10rd. The gen3 is OK but can sometimes have feeding issue which can be fixed with tweaking the mag lips. Max OAL typically 2.295. Gen2 are decent but then again tweaking still may be needed. Max OAL 2.295. Gen1 is gold, best mags I have ever used. Reliable and long OAL, typically over 2.295. These are hard to find but if you see it grab it especially the 15rd.

ASC is another mag maker I have used. Great product for a great price. I have used their 25rd and 15rd both new product on and old production. Every once and awhile I would get a FTF, but for a $15 mag who is complaining. If I wanted a super reliable gun I would buy a SIX8 and use magpul mags.

Have not had the chance yo use CDP, Stoner, Barrett, or D&H. So no solid opinions here on these. But I hear CDP is similar to ASC. Also hear that Barrett 30rd can have feeding issues. But these are just what I have heard and by no means solid reviews.

If I where a reloader I would get PRI gen3 till I could find a gen1, because of the uniform OAL. If I where a casual shooter ASC or CDP since they are cheap and I can buy a lot of them.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks guys!!! That helps a lot. You are truly a wealth of information!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wass, I have loaded a 25 rd mag once and fired it, otherwise I run 5 (deer season by law) or 10 rd for hogs, maybe a 15 on occasion. We do not get the follow-up shots for multiple hogs that the TX boys do and even they don't fire 25 rds at one time w/o a break for reloading....well unless they are TLM or a really bad shot...lol

Anyway I point the above out to say I think most 5-10rd mags run smoothly no matter the brand with ASC and CPD being the most affordable. The CPD with a new finish and now the 15 and 20 rd mag coming out will be my next purchase(the 15). The 25-30 rd mags are where you sometimes run into issues because of the lips and bend in the mag, but they are of no use on the range and seldom in hunting(for me)..I do keep one loaded for the 8.5" 6.8 pistol for home defense but never use them otherwise.

JPK

LSB Active Member
I have two MD law limited 10rnd ASC mags and I put a couple hundred rounds through my new 6.8, so about 100rnd/mag. No issues and I found them easier to load than steel 5.56 mags.

I was in VA yesterday and ordered 2 17rnd and two 25rnd mags. (Legal to own, just cannot be bought in MD. Stupid law...)

I have vision of grandeur imagining that I'll need the 25rnd mag like TLM, and drop a whole sounder...

JPK

Last edited:

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My shipment was delayed a couple days longer than I expected it to ship. I called about it and spoke to a very friendly lady who apologetically explained that they had just finished moving locations. My order shipped the next morning.
FYI: ASC apparently does not check their customer service email. I called and they were very nice and they shipped within couple hours of my call. Maybe a coincidence, but methinks not.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ASC is typically slow in response and shipping but so is CPD

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I'm using PRI mags. I have many others, but the waffle design is stronger than anything. I do have ASC and C Products. My choice is shorter mags, 15rd capacity of the PRI's and I have some older C-Products that were 17rd. Of course if you're shooting in an open field a 25rd mag would be good.