What mouth call do you use for hogs? (Grunt call)

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a Hunters Specialties Slam Talker and a Big Deer DeerGrunt

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah Glenn uses a grunt call most of the time.

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
I sent Glenn an e-mail and asked him what he used but never got a reply back....Thanks guys.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do not know what is going on with Glenn the last few months he has been very quiet.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He is raising and showing chickens and filming for Eotech from what I see on his FB page

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The magic isn't in the brand of grunt tube, but how it is used. This is what he suggested in one of his videos from the hog and predator expo a couple of years back -
Ham-A-Slama Hog Grunt

However, as he noted, just about any grunt tube will do.

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
I know it depends on how it is used. I just wanted to know what the hog hunters on here used....

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well let me know what you think I want some daytime kills!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Remember for a grunt call the hog has to already be there within hearing distance, you are not going to call them in like you would w a fox pro. So grunt awhile and move, grunt the edges of where hogs will be daytime like in a wet area, swamp or thicket. Just move around the area till you get a response.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have an older deer grunt tube that is a "two way". It will grunt on the inhale and on the exhale. It is black plastic with a ribbed extension that I have wrapped with electrical tape to make it deeper in tone. I have owned for some 20 years and do not know the name or manufacturer of it. It was worn off some years ago.

It is easy to blow and the real plus is it's two way sound making capabilities. Note: the hogs that we have killed when/while grunting have never given us any response whatsoever. Quiet night,listening close,they just show up moving rather quickly. --- pruhdlr

cincoranchhntr

LSB Member
Primo's Hog Wild grunter. I'll be trying it for the first time on Oct 10 weekend hunt in south Tx.
I'm impressed with the sound it makes.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Capt, Rick, got mine today, really is louder than the rest and easy to use..good luck