What a thermal clip on looks like through a scope.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This shows what the Vortex razor hd II 1x6 looks like with and with out the thermal clipon. I go through the different magnification powers and illuminated recticle brightness settings.

Please feel free to share this on social media or any forum where people will enjoy or learn from it. This goes for all my videos.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good video showing a clip-on. I run the same scope but with a LWTS thermal clip-on. I was using an ACOG TA31 and even though it was much smaller and lighter I like the Razor 1-6 setup much better

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That was a great sales pitch for that scope even without the thermal. Very clear and versatile. Nice video.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Of course it looks better to the naked eye. For example you do not see those lines in the screen that is from the camera angle being a little off with that adaptor. Same reason the cross hairs looked like they were not lined up I could not get the camera to stay perfectly straight with the wind.

Basically this was to show people what I see when using the scope and thermal combo.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yup, that scope is my next glass purchase. Been eyeballing one of those for a while now.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are worth the money to me RD. Now I need to figure out if am going to sell my 68 ACOG to get another Razor 1-6

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are worth the money to me RD. Now I need to figure out if am going to sell my 68 ACOG to get another Razor 1-6
To me, that's a no-brainer. What does the ACOG do that the Razr 1-6 doesn't? I'd have the second Razr.

chthump

LSB Member
Just when I thought I had enough hog hunting toys, you had to go put up another video. Before the video was over, I was already googling the price of a vortex razor.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
When I look through my similar setup, with Vortex 1-6x behind Apollo 336 on top of 5.56 ... and when I turn on the Apollo reticle, I also see the Vortex verticle cross hair canted to the right with respect to the Apollo verticle cross hair. For me, I think this is because when I shoot a couple dozen rounds the Vortex scope is turning just a hair in the clockwise direction. I think this because I've lined them up three times and cranked down the ADM mount screws three times and gone out a shot some rounds three times and then seen the same miss-alignment result three times.
I do not have a hex head that matches the ADM mount screws for my torque wrench, so I've just been tightening the screws down with the hand wrench that comes with the ADM.
I wonder what the proper torque-age is? I usually try for 20 inch / pounds on scope mount screws, but I doubt I can get there with the hand wrench.
I'll try it one more time and if it shifts again I will have to try to get a torque wrench head that matches.