What 6.8 barrel for my AR

Kickers

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looking to swap barrel and bolt for 6.8 AR build. Would like a 16" and will be supp. Why is it that most of the names of barrels in the threads are asterisks?! Does a company have to be a site sponsor to be mentioned? Looking for accurate barrel for hog and varmints. Specifics appreciated as many manufactures have a wide selection and I haven't a clue. Bolt suggestions as well as magazines and where to buy. Thanks!

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I myself use ARperformance barrels in my 6.8. They also have a super bolt that they will check the head space with the barrel you order from them if you buy them together.

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I myself use ARperformance barrels in my 6.8. They also have a super bolt that they will check the head space with the barrel you order from them if you buy them together.

I have the same and the rifle I put together is very accurate!

Kickers

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Gotcha...thanks! They have several different ones I see. Can anyone enlighten me as to which may be best for my application?

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have both 16” and 18” and don’t really have a favorite. The 16” makes a pretty handy rifle even with a suppressor. The 3r version of rifling has been able to squeeze a little more velocity out of the cartridge, but if he is putting the 5r barrels on sale, I wouldn’t turn it down. For the price, they are about the best you can get.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Gotcha...thanks! They have several different ones I see. Can anyone enlighten me as to which may be best for my application?
What type of hunting do you do? I myself hunt pigs out of a truck where we continually drive around scanning looking for pigs. I also have a suppressor on my AR. So with that in mind I switched from an 18 in barrel to a 16 in barrel to make it a little easier handling the weapon getting in and out of the truck all the time. I also went with the lightest barrel I could. Often times we have to walk to get in the safest position to shoot. With a suppressor, Thermal, and brass catcher on my rifle it gets heavy real quick.

Kickers

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Do both stand hunting for hogs and coyotes and some walking to check various pastures etc. I definitely want a 16".

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
*** scout. Eric from Blackstone arms can help u out (hdfireman)

firemedic2000

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got a Daniel defense 16 in. cold hammer-forged from high-grade chromium-molybdenum-vanadium alloy steel. A while back. They were on sale for under 200.00.

Love it extremely accurate.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ARP15 is a good choice. They have several barrels in stock. If you need to have an upper built, blackstone armory (a sponsor) on here builds great uppers.