West Alabama Boar Hog 252 pounds per tape

Discussion in 'SUS VENATOR CLUB' started by Bama, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Bama

Bama LSB Member SUS VENATOR CLUB

Did some stalk hunting going from field to field. This field usually has a bunch of hogs at the feeder and is accessible without spooking the hogs if at feeder. I estimate a dozen hogs in field with this big boar watching them feed. He was standing about 20 yds from feeder just watching the other hogs eat or sizing up which sow he wanted a date with?
    Walked far enough in to clear shooting house and set up sticks. Shooting a 300 BO with Barnes Bullets 110 gr TAC-TX hand load. I shot drop right there. Gun jammed after third shot. May have hit another hog running but did not have too much time to look.
    This was about a 75 yard shot using a Pulsar Trail XP 50 with DLOC mount. I'll post video in hunting section. 252 pounds.JPG Boar.Gun.JPG Entry.JPG Tusk 1.JPG Tusk 2.JPG

2. Homebrewer

Homebrewer LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Looks like a set of double tusks on that boar.. Congrats on the Sus boar - and trophy choppers too!

3. 437

437 LSB Active Member

War Eagle or Roll Tide? Figure it's the latter with 'Bama'.

Nice beast dang I can smell the stench from here big ol feller.

FYI not sure if the malfunction is a rarity with your 300, but if it's a regular thing I have about 250 rounds through the RNZ Unimag and it's fantastic so far. The anti-tilt follower is quite ingenious....I think...so far. Tilts to the rear so the front of the follower can't dip down. 1st round to last loads like a dream. Anyway thought I'd bring it up my buddy found them researching for CProducts mags. Took a chance...liking them so far. They take 300bo, 6.5, both flavors of x39, 450, .223...all in one.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  4. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

Congrats on that big ol' boy.

5. Bama

Many thanks 437! I'll give that a try. I went back to the lodge and cleaned the 300 BO real well thinking that might be a problem. I've been shooting it quite a bit in last couple weeks and kinda lost track of cleaning. Also, I filed down the rail on inside of .223 mag. Saw on Utube that helps line them up better. Thanks for the heads up and I'll give RNZ Unimag a try.

6. Whosure

Whosure LSB Member LoneStarBoars Supporter

It looked like the ground shook when he fell.

7. 437

437 LSB Active Member

Yea it may have just been gunked up. Went out last night and got SKUNKED.....I mean total. I did not see a deer, possum, raccoon, squirrel, armadillo....nada...obviously no yotes or hogs. What a bizarre ghost town.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  8. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Nice hog!

9. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

10. Bama

Thanks! Need to get back out there and let some lead fly! Just got a 6.8 SPC upper from Eric at Blackstone Arms and some 120 gr Cavity Back bullets.

11. JoeBano

JoeBano New Member

Very nice boar! Good going. I like the way you marked the 300 mag. I am going to do the same, don't want no problems!

12. erForman

erForman Greenwood, TX SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I have an upper from Eric too. I don't reload but would love to try those cavity backs.

13. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

He is working on adding the sale of loaded rounds in SPCII potency. Keep your ear to the ground.

erForman likes this.
  14. Bama

JoeBano - Magazine - Spray Painted with brown paint , let dry then white paint pen and stencil sheet from Hobby Lobby. I too don't want a mishap! Thanks and enjoy!

15. ZenArchery

ZenArchery LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Big nasty ugly muggly down! Congrats.

16. lonepunman

lonepunman LSB Active Member LoneStarBoars Supporter

In the ecosystem thanks you… he pirated a lot of resources to get that big.

Good photos as well - they can be tough to get.