Well my Deer season is over.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't understand why your season is over.
Are you only allowed 1 deer a year?
In WA State, only ONE... in all my years of hunting, I've had only ONE shot op on an "in season" deer.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't understand why your season is over.
Are you only allowed 1 deer a year?
Nope allowed 2, and I shot 2, one young meat buck early and this guy the last day of the season. SO the season is over (time and limit).

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Wow,
Bow season is just about to start and gun in November.
Some counties allow up to 5 deer.
Nice buck, sorry to hear.

skwoodrow

Kingwood Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used to live in Shelton and two years in a row, nice 8 pointers right in my own front yard. The second one, I didn't even have my shoes on. We had a big garden and the deer just loved to take a bite out of our tomatoes. They were so used to people there that they weren't even afraid of a turbo diesel. I set up a camera to keep an eye on the garden and after only so many warning shots, season opened and I saw about five does and the 1 8 pointer on the screen, grabbed the 30-30 and literally in my socks, walked out the back door, to about 50 FEET away from him and he was watching me the entire time, shot to the neck. Dropped like a sack of stones right on my watermelon patch. I didn't mind trading a few watermelons for all the meat though. Dragged the carcass into the garage and hung him up on my engine hoist and cleaned him up pretty quick. Sadly, we moved a few months later to Spokompton and then to here. It's crazy about the limit in Washington, especially as many areas have a nuisance population of deer. That's state gov't for you.