LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Patients paid off. Good work!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Are you saying your relentlessness was on par with the focus of mind of one who's gifted?

Congrats on getting there.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
congrats Brian, glad you finally got one of them

what happened with the first shot? didn't see any holes and hard to tell in the video if it was a hit

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You need a larger mag was that the 6.5???lol Was there a place you did not shoot him? Good job young man!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave the first shot hit just fine and staggered the boar, but I pulled the shot and since he was quartered away so much, the shot was further back than expected.

So I ended up with 2 in the boiler room, 1 in the rear drive train, and 1 in the tire. The rear shot was pretty neat. It apparently broke apart the sacrum. You could push and pull on opposite sides of the hips and hear the bones inside grind and crunch.

Dave, I have not had luck loading my Beta-C mag with Grendal rounds, but I am going to see if I can make it work out. I figure that will give me a ~70 round capacity. If so, then I should be able to handle 2 hogs next time, 3 if I get really lucky.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So you ended up getting both of the targets? Good going guys!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
GOOD DEAL

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I hit a hog in the rear like you did, right below the hole, with a 64gr bonded performance from a .223 Wylde, did the same thing, put the hog down, shattered the bones, and messed it up, I left that one afield because it blew up in the guts and out one side, didn't want to deal with that

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Winning isn't always pretty, but killing that pig is certainly a win. Way to go.