Walk-in Surprise Boar

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The sun was setting and I had a few minutes to make a quick run just to pull my trailcam cards and put in new batteries. No time for hunting, but I decided to carry my rifle just in case. Good move! I heard the feeder go off as I approached about 250 yards out. It was already dark, but the closer I got the more noise I heard...something walking in mud...splashing...crunching. I figured it was probably coons but positioned my rifle on the stand ladder and was amazed to see this young boar. When he cleared the feeder legs & t-posts he took a 120SSt to the noggin. Didn't tape him out, but probably weighed 180-200lbs. Backstraps in the freezer, thank you Lord!

Last edited:

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
He had one of the coolest color patterns I've ever seen. Mostly red with some grey and black accents

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down!! Always good to bring the rifle! There's been times when we see hogs when checking feeders and end up just watching them since we left our rifles behind.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good hog down!! Always good to bring the rifle! There's been times when we see hogs when checking feeders and end up just watching them since we left our rifles behind.
Indeed! We have a rule where I hunt that we NEVER head out for ANY purpose without at least one rifle. Too many occasions in the past where we've run into hogs unexpectedly.

Good job putting that one down.
Keep After 'Em!

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a cool pattern. I’ve walked up on them at my bait spots a couple of times. Always nice to find them waiting on you for a change. Good shooting!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fine hog, congrats. Indeed, nice coloring on him. Jehovah Jireh... The LORD Provides.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've gotten to where if I even go close to one of my hunting partners town, I take my thermals and rifle. Never know when they will say lets go make a quick round.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thats a stud boar!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck ya. Glad that worked out for ya.