Vortex Scope for 6.8

txhunter

Looking to get a daytime scope for my 6.8 for general hunting use, daytime pigs and coyotes mostly. Is the Razor HD worth the extra cost over the Vortex PST or Strike Eagle? I probably don't need it but think it may be better to have 1-6 instead of 1-4 power. Wish they made the PST in 1-6. Appreciate any thoughts from others that have these scopes.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Primary Arms has a 1-6x24 that has a huge fan base for under $300.00
I've been running a 1-4x24 SWFA on my .300BLK and love it but you gotta jump up another $125.00

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Stick with the Vortex. I've had hit and misses with the Primary Arms scopes. Never had a problem with the Vortex.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have both the Razor and the Strike Eagle, they are both great but I do keep the 1x6 on my rifle.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love me some Vortex glass!

txhunter

I assume the better glass on the Razor is the way to go if your willing to pay for it. But is the added weight of the Razor noticible over the Strike Eagle? Thx

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I assume the better glass on the Razor is the way to go if your willing to pay for it. But is the added weight of the Razor noticible over the Strike Eagle? Thx
Yes you can eel the weight but its such a great scope its worth the trade off. I would replace my eotech on my work rifle with one if they would let me.